D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

ggroy

First Post
4. Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium is a hardback coming out in April that looks like it's going to be Adventure's Vault 3.

Does the mock up cover of this book have a similar design as the other 4E D&D harcover books, or is the design similar to that of the 4E Essentials books?

Sometimes it helps to re-read what Bill Slavicsek wrote in Ampersand:

"In January, 2011, our new front list products begin rolling out, providing expanded game options and materials for all players. We’re going to continue to use the lessons we learned from Essentials while applying the innovation and design we’re known for.
You’ll see options for players that include new power sources, new class and race options, and even more universal options that work with the material you’re already playing with. For Dungeon Masters, options will include new campaign elements, new monsters, new tools to help plan and run the game, and more.
These products will include our traditional formats, but you’ll also see new formats as well."

So it looks like Shadow will be the first new power source in print. I wish it were a hardcover book, though.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
Does the mock up cover of this book have a similar design as the other 4E D&D harcover books, or is the design similar to that of the 4E Essentials books?

Same question for the Nentir Vale book and the Players Options book.
IIRC, the mock-up covers looked like the HCs we're used to so far. It surprised me to read that they were 6" x 9" trade paperbacks.

I don't know how I feel about Heroes of Shadow being a paperback. On one hand, it's cheeper, on the other, I'm used to the larger format.

My wallet will likely win out. Also, I'm glad WotC is experimenting with the format in general.

ggroy

First Post
In principle the final cover designs can change between now and when the books are printed.

For example, if the 4E Essentials titles end up selling like hotcakes, I wouldn't be surprised if they change the cover design to that of the 4E Essentials style.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks Fanboy and everyone else for there feedback. Will update shortly.

"Players Option" feels like...an intermediary product somehow, inbetween the essentials and others? Also where they give the essentiallist the tiefling?

Remove ads