D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

Almacov

First Post
True, but I wouldn't call myself a "primary author." I'm only doing a pretty small chunk of the core set.

Core set? Sweet dreams of box-set expansions in the format of the upcoming Gamma World ones dance inside my head... :)

and so, I am even more excited than I was. (Which was very. Looking forward to it.)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Ok, the following are now in the D&D product catalog:

Aspects of Fate Fortune Cards March 8 2011

Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow March 15 2011

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium April 19 2011

The Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond. Box set May 17 2011

Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale Box set June 21 2011

Witchlight Fens Dungeon Tiles June 21 2011

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Product Catalog

The MV:NV entry says:

The Nentir Vale — a frontier land sheltered by mountains and strewn with abandoned farmsteads, ruined manors, and broken keeps — is the perfect base for any Dungeons & Dragons campaign.

Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale presents statistics, tactics, and lore for an array of new monsters that prowl the Nentir Vale, some of which trace their origins back to the earliest editions of the Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game. Other entries focus on campaign villains present in the Nentir Vale region, among them the Iron Circle, the Tigerclaw Barbarians, the Raven Roost Bandits, and several new villainous groups introduced here for the first time.

The monsters and villains contained within are appropriate challenges for heroic- and paragon-tier characters and fit easily into any home campaign, as well as other Dungeons & Dragons published campaign settings. In addition to a 128-page book of ready-to-play monsters and villains, this product includes 8 die-cut sheets of card stock monster and villain tokens and a double-sided battle map featuring four different encounter locations you can use when running encounters.

So maybe thats it and the gazeteer is dropped. It was announced at gencon, but is not in the catalog or on amazon.

Also saw these and thought they looked interesting:

Aspects of Fate said:
Dungeons & Dragons Fortune Cards, sold in booster packs of 8 cards, give players fun new ways to survive the challenges of the D&D Encounters in-store play program, as well as their home campaigns. These cards give characters fun, temporary benefits that feel different from the benefits gained from powers and feats, without adding undue complexity to the D&D game.

Gloomwrought said:
The Shadowfell is a dark reflection of the natural world, a haunting plane where fear and death rule. Yet, within the gloom are countless lures for adventurers seeking fortune, glory, and more. Just don’t get caught alone at night!

This boxed set is for Dungeon Masters interested in taking their heroes on excursions to the Shadowfell, as well as Dungeon Masters looking for a sinister setting in which to run thrilling urban adventures. A 128-page book presents the fully detailed city of Gloomwrought, complete with location descriptions, maps, quests, and game statistics for monsters and villains. It also includes provides information on other locations heroes are likely to visit beyond the city’s dark walls. In addition, the box contains a 32-page book of encounters set in Gloomwrought and beyond, two card stock sheets of die-cut monster and villain tokens, a foldout battle map, and a deck of 30 cards that DMs can use to add suspense to any Shadowfell-based adventure.

ggroy

First Post
Just noticed this.

The listed prices are identical ($24.94) for both "Class Compendium: Heroes of Sword and Spell" and "Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium".

The "Class Compendium" is stated to be a trade paperback book, while the "Mordenkainen Magnificent Emporium" book format is not mentioned. (Previously at Gencon 2010 they mentioned the Mordenkainen book was going to be a hardcover, as well as the present amazon listing).

With that being said, could the change in price of "Mordenkainen Magnificent Emporium" book be a change in format to trade paperback?

Mercurius

Legend
So they're either already raising the price point for digest books, thereby negating one of their benefits, or these are both going to be larger softcovers.

Almacov

First Post
I'm not discounting the possibility that this is now softcover, but didn't they just release a 144 page hardcover for $19.95 in August? (Dark Sun Creature Catalog)
Is it unrealistic that for five dollars more we could get 16 more pages?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I'm not discounting the possibility that this is now softcover, but didn't they just release a 144 page hardcover for $19.95 in August? (Dark Sun Creature Catalog)
Is it unrealistic that for five dollars more we could get 16 more pages?

Yes.

The Creature Catalogue was meant to be a softcover, but they accidentally printed it as a hardcover. They chose not to increase the advertised price, and so we got an extremely cheap hardcover.

Mind you, I'm not surprised at all that prices are increasing: I'm not sure that sales are all that hot, and the US economy is *not* in a good place.

Cheers!

Remove ads