D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

Hohige

Explorer
But this is the issue, and it's been repeatedly pointed out to you in your hundreds of alt accounts and aliases here and elsewhere by literally hundreds of different people:

Your rules knowledge (and rules interpretation) is not good.

You post these 'builds' to try and showcase how good you are at making them, but they dont work, and it's kind of lame. You dont really want to discuss them, digging your head in the sand when anyone points out that the rule you think works a certain way, doesnt.

For example In this thread, several people have pointed out to you how re-rolls work and you've just ignored that and kept on going.
Sorry, you created a specific character from a specific campaign (Eberron) with a specific feat that is useless for the character just to try to counter the sleep combo and poison and is just a theoretical character.
But, it completely failed with +0 saving throw against powerful spells like suggestion, hold person, hypnotic pattern, fear, fireball. all of these defeat him easily. Well, for me, talking to you was enough.
For example, this Aasimar Dragon Sorcerer can simply One Shot K.O in this artificer without any preparation or an active spell. But then the goal is to be powerful and not fun.

Last edited:

Sorry, you created a specific character from a specific campaign (Eberron) with a specific feat that is useless for the character just to try to counter the sleep combo and poison and is just a theoretical character.
But, it completely failed with +0 saving throw against powerful spells like suggestion, hold person, hypnotic pattern, fear, fireball. all of these defeat him easily. Well, for me, talking to you was enough.

But you're 'just doing it for fun' arent you?

And no, none of those spells 'defeat him easily' (other than Fireball, but you dont have that spell, and I kind of had to explain that one for you in any event), and it would take 3 fireballs to kill him (so 3 rounds of him smacking you in the face in return).

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
But this is the issue, and it's been repeatedly pointed out to you in your hundreds of alt accounts and aliases here and elsewhere by literally hundreds of different people:

Your rules knowledge (and rules interpretation) is not good.

You post these 'builds' to try and showcase how good you are at making them, but they dont work, and it's kind of lame. You dont really want to discuss them, digging your head in the sand when anyone points out that the rule you think works a certain way, doesnt.

For example In this thread, several people have pointed out to you how re-rolls work and you've just ignored that and kept on going.

A bit harsh Flamestrike. I think what he's trying to do IS fun. And I don't think he's doing it just to "showcase how good" he is. This thread reads to me like a sports thread, like on a basketball forum. Sure, he's posting with some bravado, but that's part of the fun. He probably expects people to post back with a similar tone. It's just trash talking as people spar back and forth to try and outdo each other.

Which is why I said it was kinda boring and weak when he decided to back off from the give and take of the play and retroactively changed his actions. That was kinda like cheating. And given the tone he set, I thought he'd appreciate my calling him out in the same tone.

His response is essentially "Hey man it's not my fault my opponent sucks at this so much I can re-run the scenario instantly multiple times and still kick his butt". Which I think is not what happened, but it's a response in line with the rest of the feel of this thread. And pretty common for sports threads to not admit he messed up but try and redirect it back on the opponent.

Anyway, I was enjoying the thread up until it went off the rails with this retroactive change in actions stuff. Maybe you should hit him with a classic Flamestrike! :)

Hohige

Explorer
A bit harsh Flamestrike. I think what he's trying to do IS fun. And I don't think he's doing it just to "showcase how good" he is. This thread reads to me like a sports thread, like on a basketball forum. Sure, he's posting with some bravado, but that's part of the fun. He probably expects people to post back with a similar tone. It's just trash talking as people spar back and forth to try and outdo each other.

Which is why I said it was kinda boring and weak when he decided to back off from the give and take of the play and retroactively changed his actions. That was kinda like cheating. And given the tone he set, I thought he'd appreciate my calling him out in the same tone.

His response is essentially "Hey man it's not my fault my opponent sucks at this so much I can re-run the scenario instantly multiple times and still kick his butt". Which I think is not what happened, but it's a response in line with the rest of the feel of this thread. And pretty common for sports threads to not admit he messed up but try and redirect it back on the opponent.

Anyway, I was enjoying the thread up until it went off the rails with this retroactive change in actions stuff. Maybe you should hit him with a classic Flamestrike! :)

Well, let's go. The flamestrike created a theoretical character that is from a specific campaign, with a specific talent that is useless for the character, therefore being just a theoretical character. Flamestrike failed with a +0 saving throw against Hypnotic Patter and because of that he lost his magical greatersword, spellfocus and cannot attack or cast spells. I don't know if you don't understand. He lost his greatersword, spellfocus and dignity.
LOL, The sorcerer wrote on his back "Kick me" and laughed in his face.

He's got runs on the board mate. This isnt his first alt account or alias. Here and elsewhere. He's been booted from dozens of sites in dozens of alt accounts with that whole 'Sorcerer king' spam.

To his credit, this one is a little more moderate, but the M-O is still the same. Dodgy rule interpretations, Schroedingers sorcerer, and a heavy reliance on poison.

lost his magical greatersword, spellfocus and cannot attack or cast spells. I don't know if you don't understand. He lost his greatersword, spellfocus and dignity.
LOL, The sorcerer wrote on his back "Kick me" and laughed in his face.

No I didnt, and thanks for proving my point about your posting.

you are incapacited for 10 rounds and can't defend yourself. All your gear is mine.

Well no, you were attacking me while incapacitated from Hypnotic pattern. Before you retconned that to casting color spray and shadow blade. Before you retconned that to casting fear. And then retconned it again to fireball.

Schroedingers Sorcerer is alive and well.

For the heck of it though, do you have any rules authority that an incapacitated creature can be disarmed automatically?

Hohige

Explorer
Well no, you were attacking me while incapacitated from Hypnotic pattern. Before you retconned that to casting color spray and shadow blade. Before you retconned that to casting fear. And then retconned it again to fireball.

Schroedingers Sorcerer is alive and well.

For the heck of it though, do you have any rules authority that an incapacitated creature can be disarmed automatically?
Improved Action and Disarming action. You can't defend yourself, can't take an action or reaction, 0 speed and charmed.
10 rounds. I repeat, 10 rounds.
You can't win this match, Is It so hard to admit?

Improved Action and Disarming action. You can't defend yourself.
10 rounds. I repeat, 10 rounds.

I can defend myself. Heck you dont even have advantage to attack me when I'm incapacitated. I'm not paralysed; heck - I'm not even stunned.

I just cant take actions or reactions, and I cant move from my space.

For example @Hohige a Stunned creature (via the Monks stunning strike) is not only incapacitated, but also stunned (meaning they auto-fail Dex and Str saves, cant move and can only speak falteringly).

A Stunned creature cant be disarmed automatically via the action in the DMG, but they can be disarmed more or less automatically by a Battlemaster with Disarming strike (they'd fail the save to lose the object held presuming the attack hit and the PC used the Disarming Strike manouver).

An incapacitated creature makes Str and Dex saves normally, and can move normally (however Hypnotic pattern reduces speed to 0)

Remove ads