D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

Oh wait. Youre 5th level not 6th.

No Hound so no disadvantage to the save.

Screw it, I still failed the save. Ill be generous.

Youre down a 1st level slot and a 3rd for mage armor and hypnotic pattern.

Im incapacitated, my Steel Guardian is next to you and youre 40' away.

Its your turn.

@Hohige For your spell list ill assume you have

Sleep
Mage armor
Shield
Darkness
Fear
Hynotic pattern

And 1 more of 1st or 2nd level (you have 2 x 3rd level spells already which is the max for 5th level).

Choose wisely. Id suggest scorching ray for some kind of damaging spell.

Worrgrendel

Explorer
Very good to defend against Poison (Not immune) and Sleep. But that's it.

The class depends on their magic weapon not to be completely useless, but fear / Hypnotic Pattern with disadvantage simply disarms the artificer easily.

Honestly, there are things more powerful than that.

Once again, I love how you FAIL to acknowledge that it would be a miracle for your 5th level “Poison King” Sorcerer to have 1 dose of Purple Worm Poison much less an unlimited supply. Go ahead and you just keep ignoring that blatant oversight on your part that is the core of this “build”.

Once again, I love how you FAIL to acknowledge that it would be a miracle for your 5th level “Poison King” Sorcerer to have 1 dose of Purple Worm Poison much less an unlimited supply. Go ahead and you just keep ignoring that blatant oversight on your part that is the core of this “build”.

Meh he's already Schrodinger's Sorcerer with at least 3 x 3rd level spells known at 5th level (somehow) in Counterspell, Fear and Hypnotic pattern.

Imstill waiting for his exact spell load out.

So far he's mentioned: Shield, Fear, Hypnotic Pattern, Darkness (bonus spell from Shadow sorc), Sleep. I added in Mage Armor, because his AC will suck without it.

He's got one spell left to know and it has to be 1st or 2nd level.

Hilariously he has no damaging spells in that load out.

For cantrips I'm assuming True Strike, Booming blade, Mage hand and 2 more.

TheSword

Legend
A 1 in 6.3 odds to Crit isn’t worth creating a build over when anyone can have a 1 in 10 chance with advantage.

As has already been said, poisons are hideously expensive.

Lycurgon

Adventurer
This build allows 4d20 for the attack, not 6d20.
Advantage = 2d20.
Elven Accuracy = reroll 1 die (effectively 3d20)
Unerring Spell = reroll 1 die (effectively 4d20)
It does not allow you to reroll the entire 3 dice. See page 173 of PHB for how rerolls work with advantage.

This build allows 4d20 for the attack, not 6d20.
Advantage = 2d20.
Elven Accuracy = reroll 1 die (effectively 3d20)
Unerring Spell = reroll 1 die (effectively 4d20)
It does not allow you to reroll the entire 3 dice. See page 173 of PHB for how rerolls work with advantage.
It's also worth mentioning that Unerring Spell only triggers on a miss, so it doesn't increase the probability of a critical hit in the same way.

Remove ads