D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

Hohige

Explorer
I'm not paralysed. I'm incapacitated.

"Oh! I disagreed about it!! It's no sense."

Just swap Hypnotic Patter for Fear and you lose your weapons and spellfocus and damaging you don't remove fear.
Do you still think you have a chance to win?

I don't even need it, just Color Spray with Booming Blade 6d20 is enough to defeat you, and SG can't stop the sorcerer's advantage because it has only 5ft range (This is a joke?).

Last edited:

Just swap Hypnotic Patter for Fear and you lose your weapons and spellfocus.

Schrodinger's sorcerer eh? Retconning 3 turns worth of actions, spells cast and spells known now?

If you cast Fear instead of Hypnotic pattern on turn 1 (I'm not holding anything on turn 1) I run away for 1 minute or until I no longer have LOS.

On my turn 1, my steel guardian moves up to you and attacks you (I can still use bonus actions to command it while frightened).

Then I plink you at range while my Steel Guardian rips you apart.

With the new Sage advice, I can simply close my eyes and repeat the Wisdom save at the end of each of my turns, but then you have advantage to hit me, so id wait a few turns for that.

Hohige

Explorer
Schrodinger's sorcerer eh? Retconning 3 turns worth of actions, spells cast and spells known now?

If you cast Fear instead of Hypnotic pattern on turn 1 (I'm not holding anything on turn 1) I run away for 1 minute or until I no longer have LOS.

On my turn 1, my steel guardian moves up to you and attacks you (I can still use bonus actions to command it while frightened).

Then I plink you at range while my Steel Guardian rips you apart.

With the new Sage advice, I can simply close my eyes and repeat the Wisdom save at the end of each of my turns, but then you have advantage to hit me, so id wait a few turns for that.
Dude, are you without your magic weapon (+0 to hit, lol) and spellfocus, still want to fight?

No, It isn't there.

I don't need to disarm you. No hypnotic pattern or fear.
Color Spray and Booming blade alone is enough.

Dude, are you without your magic weapon and spellfocus, still want to fight?

I'm not holding my sword or my spell focus at the start of combat.

You only hold spell foci as you cast the spell, and my Sword is sheathed, and my bow is on my back.

Assume you go first AND I fail the save vs Fear.

I take the Dash action moving 40' away from you (now 60' away). The Steel Guardian moves up to you, and attacks you with my bonus action. It hits, and you shield it. I then close my eyes and my turn ends, and I get another Wisdom save vs Fear. Lets assume I fail.

Youre 60' away from me, with a Construct next to you. You've used 2 x 1sts and 3rd level slot.

It's your turn.

Hohige

Explorer
I'm not holding my sword or my spell focus at the start of combat.

You only hold spell foci as you cast the spell, and my Sword is sheathed, and my bow is on my back.

Assume you go first AND I fail the save vs Fear.

I take the Dash action moving 40' away from you (now 60' away). The Steel Guardian moves up to you, and attacks you with my bonus action. I then close my eyes and my turn ends, and I get another Wisdom save vs Fear. Lets assume I fail.

Youre 60' away from me, with a Construct next to you. You've used a 1st and 3rd level slot.

It's your turn.

Forget it man. I will not disarm you. It's not funny, it's unfair, no hypnotic pattern or fear. Turn 1: Color Spray, Booming Blade 6d20. 30% critical chance. Move a little bit so as not to be affected by the Steel Guardian's reaction. You're blind, your turn.

You want to know, better, Hypnotic Pattern, disarms you, without weapon, without spellfocus and drawing on the back "Kick me".
I start kicking you while I kill your construct.

Hohige

Explorer
Honestly, you'd be better off just Fire balling three times (using 5 SP to create an extra 3rd level slot).

For sure, Dragon Breath (Lighting damage) forcing you to use absorb element (lightning) and then quickne fireball. Repeating this until you die.
Dragon's Breath (Lighting) as action, Quickened Fireball
But it is not the thematic of the character, he is gish.
Color Spray and Booming Blade defeats the artificer in 2 turns.
As I said, I didn't create a character to be the strongest of all. It is to be thematic and fun.
If I really wanted to make a very powerful character he would be level 8.

Last edited:

Forget it man. I will not disarm you. It's not funny, it's unfair, no hypnotic pattern or fear. Turn 1: Color Spray, Booming Blade 6d20. 30% critical chance. Move a little bit so as not to be affected by the Steel Guardian's reaction. You're blind, your turn

It's 4d20, I'll assume you hit, and I cast shield to stop it.

On my turn I draw my sword and attack you twice, directing my guardian to do the same. Even with disadvantage you're likely hit at least once, so you can cast shield to stop it as well.

You've used a 3rd level slot on Color spray, 2 x 1st level slots on Mage armor and shield and 2 SP to Quicken Booming blade and 2 more for Unerring spell.

Your turn.

Hohige

Explorer
It's 4d20, I'll assume you hit, and I cast shield to stop it.

On my turn I draw my sword and attack you twice, directing my guardian to do the same. Even with disadvantage you're likely hit at least once, so you can cast shield to stop it as well.

You've used a 3rd level slot on Color spray, 2 x 1st level slots on Mage armor and shield and 2 SP to Quicken Booming blade and 2 more for Unerring spell.

Your turn.
6d20 is much more likely to be a critical hit than an miss. With Shield or not.

You have a disadvantage with +7 attack against 22 AC and hit. the other has 6d20 and you stop shield spell. For me, there is no reason to continue. It was enough for me. See you.

For sure, Dragon Breath (Lighting damage) forcing you to use absorb element (lightning) and then quickne fireball. Repeating this until you die.

Terrible action economy. You'd have to cast DB on turn 1 which prohibits anything else other than a cantrip. Next turn you can breath AND Fireball (quickened) but you're going to run out of juice fast.

Simply Fireballing and spamming a quickened cantrip is the way to do. The FB alone likely deals 28 damage (unlikely I make the save) halved for absorb elements, to 14 (plus an extra 14 damage if the Guardian is caught in the effect thanks to Warding Bond) and you can repeat it next turn to kill me dead.

Even with Absorb elements and the cantrip missing, it's 28 damage this turn.

Do I have to do this for you?

Remove ads