The Tales From The Loop Starter Set Is Here

I'm not sure if Free League released this themselves earlier in the year or if it was delayed by the pandemic, but Modiphius has just announced that they are now carrying the Starter Set in their web store. Tales from the Loop is the gorgeous Swedish game that was released a couple of years ago; this Starter Set is a new introduction to the game.

TFL_webb_products_starter.png

PRESS RELEASE

The Tales From the Loop RPG Starter Set is available now on Modiphius.net. Here are the details on the perfect way to get into this awesome RPG set in an alternative 80s and 90s Scandinavia that never was.

Simon Stålenhag is the internationally lauded artist and author of Tales From the Loop and Things From the Flood, narrative art books that stunned the world with a vision of an alternate Scandinavia in the 1980s and ‘90s where technology has invaded the tranquil landscapes to form an entirely new universe of the eerie and the nostalgic.

Now, you can step into the amazing world of the Loop. In this tabletop roleplaying game based on Simon Stålenhag’s books, you’ll play teenagers solving spectacular mysteries connected to the Loop – just make sure you’re home in time for dinner. This Starter Set includes everything you need to begin:
  • An illustrated rulebook explaining how to play the game
  • A complete Mystery called The Recycled Boy
  • Five pre-generated characters ready for you play
  • A large, full-color map of land of the Loop
  • Ten engraved custom dice

Image4.jpg

dregntael

Explorer
I've received mine already! The production values are very high as expected from Fria Ligan, though the box feels a bit empty. I hope I'll get the opportunity to play it soon.

How's the TV show?

I found it unnecessarily slow and depressing, with more of a 70s Eastern bloc vibe than the colourful 80s Goonies- oder Stranger Things-style I expected. So I gave up after 2 1/2 episodes. Other people seem to enjoy it quite a bit, though, specifically for its slow pace, so it's probably worth giving it a try.

That being said: I like both the game and the art books, and look forward to Free League actually shipping the Starter Set (I pre-ordered it a while ago, but I guess it will be delayed since I picked the Starter Set for Alien as well).

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I didn't really get a four colour 80's vibe from the art books, so that wasn't what I expected out of the show. Expectations can make or break a show though, and I can see why that would have been disappointing. I guess some of the game writing does have a vaguely kids on bikes feel to it, now that I think about it. Interesting.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases