• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Test of Time

Lobo Lurker

First Post
K'trinaxes grins and rubs his hands together while licking his lips in aticipation. Fifty gold piecies a week? What kind of rich patrons have I latched onto this time?

"Well, like they say, 'the lamprey doesn't let go while there's marrow on the bone." He looks around. "What? I'm just trying to say that yes, I'm in. Your compensation package is adequate."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Erekose13 said:
[ooc: nope nothing comes to mind. ps. the place hasnt been opened for something like 2000 years.]

(ooc: right got it so what the dc is say 80 or so?)

Ok, they ar willing to pay me 50 gp a week and I will be able to keep the spoils that I might find in this temple, to a point. Imagine the power I could come back with to help re-establishing the Magister's Council. With the wealth I might find I could lead the council. Imagine the power I woudl have at my finger tips then.

"This offer pleases me and I readily accept your generous offer."

ender_wiggin

First Post
Milton nods, his heart almost jumping to the amount of money offered. "Thank you; the gold will be greatly appreciated. Will I need to sign anything?"

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death 1

Shi-Torob's face brightens and then falls into an expression of almost shock. "That's much more than I could have hoped for. Thank you. Anyways, since the dragons won't hesitate to send another agent once they don't hear from or divine what happened to this one. We should get moving -" he stops, slightly embarassed. He takes a step back, looking slightly downward, his right hand scratching the back of his youthful head and neck. "...once we all agree, that is."

Elocin said:
(ooc: right got it so what the dc is say 80 or so?)
My guess is 30... that makes it totally out of reach for 1st level characters (with a max of +5 from INT and 4 ranks) without a knowledge skill boosting feat or 3 (or some other class ability), since it's really quite specialized knowledge. Now if we had the funds to hire even a low-level sage or akashic...

Eonthar

Explorer
Elrion Kyrik - Human Mage Blade

Elrion, glad that the negotiations, such as they were, are over, states "I would be honored to help the Family of the Diamond Throne to retrieve the weapon in the Test of Time."

Erekose13

Explorer
Done Deal

"It would seem that everything is in agreement. The Family of the Diamond Throne thanks you in advance, the people will sleep soundly with the hard work and dedication of adventurers like you. Ou Rathlin I want you to accompany these adventurers. You should depart tomorrow." says Rianneth.

"Yes, Rianneth, thank you." replies the giantess. Unless anyone else has questions for her, the old woman departs through the door she came in. You glimpse a larger room, in much better condition than this one.

"What should we do with 'im?" asks Drey, pointing to the dracha.

"He will need to be questioned further. You and Tellen stay here and question him when he wakes. Take care not to kill him, as I may have more questions for him once we recover the crystals. Now gentlemen, if you are ammenable then I would suggest you try to enjoy the remainder of the festival. Tomorrow we set out, please meet me around front of this building in the morning." says Ou Rathlin turning to each of you to see if you have any further questions.

ender_wiggin

First Post
Milton Redhelm, Human Warmain 1

Milton nods and makes as if to leave. "I will be back tomorrow then, if there is nothing more you wish to address."

What time of day is it? Should we just fastforward to tomorrow morning?

Eonthar

Explorer
Elrion Kyrik - Human Mage Blade

Elrion, will nod, wish everyone a good day, and exit.

He will then go and enjoy the rest of the day. Returning to the Academy, he will tell his mentor and friends that he is leaving on a quest. He will sleep, gather his stuff, and be back at the appointed place about fifteen minutes after dawn.

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death 1

Torob smiles, bows his head, and makes toward the exit, asking of those around him, "Would anyone care for a meal and conversation? I'll treat." Alone or with others from the group, Torob will make his way back to the market, enjoy a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables (or share them with a new companion), return to the high temple, sleep, and be ready to depart in the morning.

Should we keep conversations that happen out of the main line of action, if any, in another thread?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads