D&D 5E The Tortle Package Coming Soon...

Remathilis

Legend
https://dnd.wizards.com/extralife2017

THE TORTLE PACKAGE
As a further bonus, this year we’re working feverishly to create a special downloadable at the Dungeon Masters Guild. Chris Perkins and the rest of the D&D team have specially created tortles as a playable race that will be made available in the coming days, with all proceeds directing benefiting Extra Life/Children’s Hospitals. (If you are unfamiliar with tortles, they are a race of anthropomorphic turtles that have appeared in previous editions of the game.) This material will also include an adventure location and a few added monsters as well!

---

Tortles Confirmed. With the Rakasta already appearing (as Tabaxi), I wonder if Lupins will ever get ported from Mystara to 5e?

I love this.

Not a tortle fan. But I love how they spun out an internal argument on races and decided to just make it a product for fun. And instead of just making a product that will sell well and putting it out there to make money for the sake of money, they're giving the money to charity.
It's a nice move.

pukunui

Legend
I wish they'd do more stuff like this. There was some cool stuff that didn't make the cut for the EEPC and SCAG that they could polish up and release via the DMs Guild or even as a UA article.

The Glen

Legend
I wish they'd do more stuff like this. There was some cool stuff that didn't make the cut for the EEPC and SCAG that they could polish up and release via the DMs Guild or even as a UA article.

Tortles were from Mystara, hoping this isn't another case of them taking from another setting, sticking it in the Realms and ignoring the original setting.

gyor

Legend
Tortles were from Mystara, hoping this isn't another case of them taking from another setting, sticking it in the Realms and ignoring the original setting.

They're Chultans now. This product was mentioned awhile back.

I don't know if it will be AL legal.

Remathilis

Legend
It is. But I'm ok with it. Tortles don't define Mystara like warforged or kender do Eberron and DL, and I imagine Mystara is a low priority for and AP or setting book. This literally might be thier only shot at ever being printed again.

Remove ads