The Troubleshooters: 60's Cartoon Themed RPG

With influences like Tintin, Scooby-Doo, and The Man from UNCLE, The Troubleshooters is a "new action-adventure tabletop roleplaying game in the style of Franco-Belgian comics" from Swedish designer Krister Sundelin. The first adventure is called The U-Boat Mystery (which gives an idea of the tone we're talking here). Oh, and your character sheet is a passport. Coming to Kickstarter on...

With influences like Tintin, Scooby-Doo, and The Man from UNCLE, The Troubleshooters is a "new action-adventure tabletop roleplaying game in the style of Franco-Belgian comics" from Swedish designer Krister Sundelin. The first adventure is called The U-Boat Mystery (which gives an idea of the tone we're talking here). Oh, and your character sheet is a passport.

linbana.png

Coming to Kickstarter on April 7th, with a release this summer in English and in French, it'll be published by Helmgast AB and Modiphius. Here's the full announcement:

"Helmgast AB proudly presents The Troubleshooters, a new action-adventure tabletop roleplaying game in the style of Franco-Belgian comics.

Imagine a world where you travel the world like Tintin, unmask heinous villains like Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Gang, unravel mysteries like Nancy Drew, do heists like Carmen Sandiego, stop evil masterminds like Spirou and Fantasio, solve crimes like The Saint, and even catch spies like The Man from UNCLE. That’s the world of The Troubleshooters.

In The Troubleshooters, the characters are drawn into other people’s problems and band together to solve them. Ranging from athletes and explorers to journalists and mad scientists, the characters will travel all over Europe and across the world. Explore exotic locations, glittering metropoles, lost temples, or valleys that time forgot, and face spies, wild beasts, mafia, villains, and the nefarious graf von Zadrith, the leader of the secret organisation the Octopus!

Written by Krister Sundelin, author of the acclaimed Swedish roleplaying games “Järn” and “Hjältarnas tid”, The Troubleshooters takes you back to the mid-1960s in a world of fast-paced adventure and fun!

The Troubleshooters Core Book will be the first in a line of products for the game together with the adventure The U-Boat Mystery, followed by adventures and background books. The text for the core book is already written and has been playtested for a year and a half, and the text for the first adventure is almost complete.

The Troubleshooters is planned for release in the summer of 2020 in English and French, with a crowdfunding campaign starting April 7th. Modiphius Entertainment will be handling the distribution of the English edition into retail stores from the Autumn 2020. Arkhane Asylum will translate The Troubleshooter to French."

According to the website, "The Troubleshooters will take the characters all over Europe and across the world. They will find themselves at exotic locations, glittering metropoles, deep in the wilderness, or even in cozy country villages, where they face horrible foes: spies, wild beast, mafia, mad scientists, villains, and relatives!"

It's a percentile dice system, with a passport for a character sheet -- "The system is based on d% task checks against a skill value. With skills, abilities, complications and a Story Point economy, the system is designed from the ground up to fit the genre. Skills, abilities and complications are recorded in the character’s passport."

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 4.08.26 PM.png

Ulfgeir

Hero
As the creator pointed out on the facebook page to someone else: "Note that the release-date hasn't been changed, just the time when you can throw money at us." ;)

Kannik

Hero
The Kickstarter for this game is now live. ;)

I'd say I backed it as soon as I saw the notification in my inbox, but I had to do work first... :p Backed now, woo!

Wonder if it is possible to get both the English and French PDFs?

A l'aventure!

Kannik

Ulfgeir

Hero
I'd say I backed it as soon as I saw the notification in my inbox, but I had to do work first... :p Backed now, woo!

Wonder if it is possible to get both the English and French PDFs?

A l'aventure!

Kannik

It should be possible. But I think you need to add extra amount for another set. Ask the creator to be certain, but that is usually how it works. ;)

Ulfgeir

Hero
The question regarding the pdf's are now included in the FAQ on the kickstarter.

Quote:
"What languages are the Troubleshooters available in?

The Troubleshooters will be released in an English and a French edition simultaneously. In the Pledgemanager which opens after the Kickstarter, backers will get to pick which language they want in the physical print, and are offered both languages for any PDFs."

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
The question regarding the pdf's are now included in the FAQ on the kickstarter.

Quote:
"What languages are the Troubleshooters available in?

The Troubleshooters will be released in an English and a French edition simultaneously. In the Pledgemanager which opens after the Kickstarter, backers will get to pick which language they want in the physical print, and are offered both languages for any PDFs."

The creator has confirmed that you can also in the pledge manager purchase the "other" language (whichever that is for you) as well. So if you want both a French and English version, it's totally doable.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads