D&D General The Unofficial Settings You Want Published for D&D

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I’d be interested in a more modern take on Wilderlands.
Blackmoor would be cool too.

My biggest wish is to see in print the Sins of the Scorpion Age setting that is being developed by @Steampunkette on these boards. If you haven’t seen it already, check it out.
out of curiosity, where is the "best place" to look at the SSA setting? (is there an official thread etc?)

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
What are your favorite unofficial settings of D&D that you wish would WotC would publish? (Note: Your personal homebrew world not included.) These aren't old settings that have been published in full form before but not yet in 5e (e.g., Spelljammer, Dark Sun, Planescape). I am talking about unofficial settings that may be the personal homebrew settings of WotC/TSR staff (e.g., like Monte Cook's Ptolus) and/or settings that have limited publication but which never got full publication as a fully-realized setting with a sourcebook (e.g., snippets of Iomandra in Dragon Magazine).

For me:
  • James Wyatt's Aquela
  • Chris Perkins's Iomandra

Aquela and Iomandra are both settings focused on more oceanic worlds with sailing, archipelagos, and island-hopping adventure. A good island-hopping setting would be absolutely fantastic, IMHO, for D&D, and both of these setting scratch that itch for me. Iomandra, in particular, is a fantastic spin on the 4e base setting. With its heavy focus on dragons, it would also be a great setting to draw out the First World echoes and draconic themes of the latest Fizban's Treasury of Dragons book.
I've read through the collected Iomandra documents by Chris Perkins and that setting would be high up on my list as well. I'm not sure what else I'd like to see, I don't really know many other settings other than my and my friend's homebrew.

GuyBoy

Hero
out of curiosity, where is the "best place" to look at the SSA setting? (is there an official thread etc?)
If you click on to @Steampunkette and look at her postings, that should get you started. There’s also a link to the Discord site now in operation.
It’s superb stuff; my favourite setting, and it’s still in its infancy.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
There are a couple of "Sins of the Scorpion Age" threads on the boards.

One of which is a link to a discord server I put together for it.

Remove ads