The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: +2xp

I Thought Helton Was A Safe City
When you inform Shatterframe of your decision to take the Port Arthur job she nods and lets you know you can start immediately. You make all preparations and set out for the address of the skyscraper. On the VR the location is flagged as unoccupied. The owner is Coca Cola Corporation and the building is flagged as uninhabitable and used for chemical storage. When you arrive at the location you find that this skyscraper is built right up against the sea wall, a strange choice of architecture not shared by the buildings around it. There are two HPD squad cars out front of the skyscraper, but they seem to be only sitting there and talking amongst themselves.

Shatterframe pulls up next to one of the squad cars and uses her outside speaker to announce. “We’re the couriers for the hard realm paperwork.”

One of the officers looks over at the car, nods and goes back to the conversation. You exit the vehicle and approach the building, noticing that is in good repair, not cracked or crumbling, and all the windows are intact. The front door opens as you approach and a small woman with a bright red shawl beckons you forward. Next to her is a burly giant in medium armor with a heavy pistol holstered on his hip. He nods in greeting.
“My name is Fernie, and this is Rumsher,” the woman tells you. From under her shawl she pulls a manila folder with case #78463-996 and hands it to group inventory. “I’m sorry if this is strange for you. We don’t have any skilled VR users in our group and to be honest we don’t trust it must. Fortunately, paper is still an option for official records.”
These documents describe in boring detail the desires of a group of mages bonded to marine life, and dedicated to marine biology, and a group of former pirates turned nature conservationists to petition to be recognized by the city of Helton as a new group of like-minded individuals, in this case marine life preservation. As such the new group would be granted possession of one skyscraper for their use, in this case the one in question.

You take the papers and turn to go, thinking this is a crappy, boring job. As Shatterframe is pulling the car away from the building you stay sharp in case someone shoots at you or tries to ram you with a vehicle. Nothing like that happens and it is a smooth ride to Downtown District of Helton. The vehicles you pass look the same, conforming to city standards, but the smallest building downtown is twice as wide as in residential and commercial neighborhoods. The largest buildings are five times as wide and just as tall, mammoth structures of human engineering. As with all skyscrapers outside decorations were forbidden so the buildings appeared plain. All the wealth would show on the inside. This was where the city council members and the heads of corporations lived with their families and friends. There was plenty of activity on the streets, vehicles of all sizes moving in perfect precision, people rolling on the sidewalks with glide boards. Far above, moving between the buildings were drones and airships, their lights marking them against the night sky. Lately you’ve heard rumors of people living on the rooftops of Helton that have never set foot on the ground, moving only from roof to roof.

Shatterframe drives to city hall, a three skyscraper building with a holographic image declaring its title over the plain surface. She parks in the designated area and the Runners exit with their papers and head to the main entrance, a row of revolving doors. On the other side of the doors is a large area, well lit, with rows of cubicals spread out in precise patterns.

Against the adjacent wall to the entrance is an orc in a pink pantsuit and large breasts showing ample cleavage. Her face is unappealing, brutish and grey, but she smiles pleasantly and asks, “Purpose of your visit?” The Runners show her the file, she reads the case number and accesses the information through the VR. “Proceed to cubicle fourteen-c,” she tells you.

You follow the instructions to cubicle fourteen-c and find three people sitting on revolving chairs. One is a human with short hair and a snide expression on his face. The second is an elf, but his face is puffy, and he looks quiet simple. The third is an orc with a bushy mane of blonde hair and a long mustache. They are wearing slacks and button shirts but disheveled. Along the walls of the cubicle is a counter that holds stacks of papers.

Syd stares at the man with the snide expression and recognizes him as Colin Mulchansky, or Chansky as he is known to the Hudu Krew.

Syd points at the three imposter civil servants and says, “Hudu Krew!”

Chansky cries out in disgust, “Crap it! We’ve been made!” The three gangers scramble and pull firearms from behind the stacks of papers, a medium pistol for Chansky, a light pistol for the puffy one, and a heavy pistol for the big hair. You bring your weapons to bear at the same time and there is no surprise round.

Roll Reaction, State Intentions, and provide a set of six rolls.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Readiness + Athletic + Tranquility + d100
Trollick: 21 + 18 + 37 + 55 = 131
Without physically changing location, Trollick grimaces at big hair and claps his hands together pointing them in her direction. A pulse of air magnifies from his hands as it moves toward the orc, creating a painful, high pitched squeal that only she can hear.
Damage: 20 Mind
This causes bulk movement of air designed to remove a target from its feet. If the effectiveness is greater than resistance, the target is thrown a distance of 1 stride per 10 points of difference between effectiveness and resistance and suffers 1 point of non-lethal damage per stride (loss of Mind).

The rapid expansion of air, creates a loud thump in the target’s ears which can inflict stunning damage (loss of Mind). This is not designed to kill, only deafen. The target will only be rendered unconscious no matter how far below zero Mind is reduced.
Resist Fall: aggression (Combat Task) + d100
Resist Thump: conditioning (Combat) + Clarity/Tranquility (Collegiate) + d100
Trollick: 36 + 81 (from below) = 117
81, 58, 49, 99 + 94, 83, 80

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye's eyes narrow, as he begins to seethe in barely-controlled anger, "Hudu, eh? You're in for a world of pain, you lousy Tuchus Leech!"

OOC: Hawkeye intends to take this guy alive. He is aiming for Chansky's gun hand. His intention is to shoot him twice, once in the hand, and once in the left kneecap. The objective is to keep him alive for questioning.

Base Reaction Roll: 77

Base Combat Rolls requested (6 of 'em): 85, 79, 48, 93 (luck=86, total = 179), 54, and 33.

Waynan

Adventurer
Syd, seeing what Hawkeye has planned, says:
"Easy, my friend. I got this. Chansky and I go back a ways."
He then looks to Chansky and says: "Ho, chum! What kind of drek ya runnin' the Krewe into now? Don't try nothin'. You can see one of yer mates is already off, and with two guns marking ya, ya knows yer gonna end up cold meat. Put 'em down, yeah, you can just holster 'em. Now, chummers!"

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly Post: +2xp

Blah, Blah, not Bang, Bang
Reaction: Trollick: 80+81 (d100)=161, Hawkeye: 67+77=144, Syd: 78+85=163, Chansky: 75+55=130, Arlem Soulkilla: 70+79=149, Pretty Bilak: 70+07=77
Speed of Action: Syd (Negotiate), Trollick (Concussion), Arlem (Light Pistol), Hawkeye (Revolver), Chansky (Medium Pistol), Bilak (Heavy Pistol)
Syd Negotiate: 78+66=144, Chansky resist: 75+56=131. Results: Negotiate successful and combat is immediately resolved.

Syd makes his demand and sees what he hoped for in the eyes of Chansky, doubt and fear, and he knows he’s got him. Trollick and Hawkeye observe closely, ready to chew these scrubs up if necessary.

First Chansky, then the other two slowly set their pistols aside. Around you the sounds of other people moving about and working in the cubicle maze can still be heard. Apparently, no one has noticed your interactions.

Chansky says with respect, “I heard a rumor about you three chummies. Someone told me you did for a couple of nasties called Pinkins and Glitterface, then set up the Dead Lions for a clean sweep by the Bright Leaf. If you’re on this job, then we’ll step aside. Better our reputation on the street take a hit than our faces take a bullet or spell.” He glances anxiously at Trollick and Hawkeye.

You hand them the documents and while you’re watching the three undercover gangers process the papers and send them on to be filed. Once they set to work you find them quite efficient. You receive a paper receipt to return to your employers in exchange for payment.

Chansky says to Syd, “When the Dead Lions got wiped out it left an opening in the market for rare items. The Hudu Krew is stepping up to expand, investing in some new markets, but as always, the competition is fierce. We could use muscle like you to secure our position. Whaddya say? Wanna ride with the Krew again?”

Any other questions for the Hudu Krew members may be asked in the players next post and I’ll address it in my next post. State intentions.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye slowly moves his hand off the grip of his revolver. He was a split second from clearing the holster, and the gun was already an inch and a half out of position; when Hawkeye lets go, there is a soft, barely noticeable "pthunk" sound as the revolver slides back into its proper resting place.

Hawkeye says, in a muted tone, "Sorry, Syd. I've been a bit touchy since my last VR call. I've been meaning to talk to ya about it, but if ya don't mind, I'd like to ask your pal here a few questions. I promise I won't hurt 'em. But the Hudus have a few bad apples in their barrel, and I'd like to find 'em, before they spoil the whole bunch. You cool with that, bro?"

MacConnell

As Trollick is raising his hands to clap them, he sees the effects of Syd’s words on the three chumps who would be extorters. He brushes his hands to gether like removing dust from them. The faint sound likened of a car speeding away can be heard by everyone within the cubicle.

Trollick smiles in a friendly manner. He always seems calm and amicable. “Best move.”

He nods at Syd. “Civil. I prefer civil.”

He looks at Chansky and shakes his head. “First you think you want to throw down, next you are suggesting we cog on your machine. Does not sound tempting.”

Waynan

Adventurer
Hawkeye says, in a muted tone, "Sorry, Syd. I've been a bit touchy since my last VR call. I've been meaning to talk to ya about it, but if ya don't mind, I'd like to ask your pal here a few questions. I promise I won't hurt 'em. But the Hudus have a few bad apples in their barrel, and I'd like to find 'em, before they spoil the whole bunch. You cool with that, bro?"

Syd acts like he is thinking about Chansky's offer then shakes his head in the negative, saying: "Chansky, why would I do that? When the Krewe went all fractured, mostly by your head games and twists, it's no longer the same. It wasn't just a business, but a family, before you and your dogs came in. Now,it's just a business. My pals here and I, we're making us a new crew. And --- we've become family."

Syd knew that last bit was an embellishment, but at the same time, not that far off the mark.

He hears Hawkeye's suggestion and nods to him saying:
"Go for it, Hawk. You're the better interrogator, by far."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye's eyes narrow, giving him a menacing demeanor, "Ok, Chansky, I want you to think real hard about what I am going to ask you---"

At this point, Trollick taps Hawkeye on the shoulder, and whispers something to him in a hushed tone...

Last edited:

MacConnell

Trollick touches Hawkeye on the shoulder, sensing where he is taking his query and says, “Hold that for just a second. Let me interject something that is bugging me about our current situation, and then hit them with the big stuff.”

Looking at the the gangers, “Obviously we read through this dross. It is much adieu about nothing, so who the hell would pay you to interfere with the filing or is it us and not the document?”

Remove ads