The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Seeing that Chansky has told us all that he knows about that, Hawkeye decides to pick up his line of questioning concerning the Barnes hit.

Hawkeye glares at Chansky and says, "What I am about to ask you has nothing further to do with the current situation. This question is much more serious, so you need to concentrate. The info that I need concerns a friend of yours, Ponder Tom. He's currently in HPD custody. He was involved in a hit last year, almost 10 months ago, that was made to look like a home invasion. The victims' surname was Barnes. He had three other Hudus with him. Since he's in custody, we can't question him directly, but we'd like to know who the other three were on the hit. Don't worry, it's not you guys that we're after; the Hudus are small-time; we're looking for whomever funded the hit. If you cooperate with us, you will benefit from that cooperation; if you choose to play hard ball, then rest assured, we're heavier hitters than you are."

Waynan

Adventurer
Upon hearing about the crew being part of a hit disguised as a home invasion mere months after he left the Krewe, Syd turns to stare at Hawkeye in disbelief for but a few seconds before turning back to glare at Chansky with a black demeanor so ominous it could wilt the toughest Merc.

"Chansky...when did the Krewe start running Wetwork?"

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: 10 xp for job completion

Chansky Don’t Know Drek
“. . . so who the hell would pay you to interfere with the filing or is it us and not the document?”
Chansky’s face screws up in confusion. “We were told to get these jobs a month ago by Maxine Gibraltar. She’s been running the Krew for a minute, pushing our expansion. I got a message this morning to accept the paperwork for that skyscraper and then torch it. I don’t know why. Did you ask the people that hired you? They might know.”

“The info that I need concerns a friend of yours, Ponder Tom. He's currently in HPD custody. He was involved in a hit last year, almost 10 months ago, that was made to look like a home invasion. The victims' surname was Barnes.”

At the mention of Ponder Tom the simple looking elf Arlem Soulkilla laughs and says to the orc Pretty Bilak, “I told you the cops grabbed Ponder. They probably got his balls in a vice right now.”

Chansky motions them to silence and says, “Anything else you want to know about Hudu Krew biz you need to talk to Gibraltar. She owns a place called the Axelrad Lounge. She’s there most every night. You can’t miss her. She’s a giant with a long braid of white hair.” He grins at Trollick and Hawkeye.

For some reason Arlem Soulkilla and Pretty Bilak both find that last comment funny, chuckling to themselves and sharing knowing looks.

"Chansky...when did the Krewe start running wetwork?"
Chansky sneers back at Syd and replies, “I said we were expanding, didn’t I? What’s it to you? Didn’t you just say you have a new family now?”

Perception: Trollick: 53+81=134, Hawkeye: 45+85=130, Syd: 49+96+81(luck)=226
The helpful information from these gangers is suspicious to Trollick and Hawkeye, causing them to believe that they will be attacked again when next they visit the Axelrad Lounge, but with Syd’s gang experience, he can tell the ambush will come before that, possibly on the way to deliver the receipt to your employers.

Armed with this information, Shatterframe takes a circuitous route back to the skyscraper on the seawall and you have no other problems on the way there. At the skyscraper the HPD again permits you to approach and Fernie and Rumsher come out and receive the receipt for their claim.

The Runners ask about the business with the skyscraper and why a go-gang would interfere with the papers at city hall. Fernie answers,
“If I told you that I’d have to show you what’s in the basement, and if I show you what’s in the basement you would have to join our group or die. Thank you so much for your help.”

Receive 5000 credits

State intentions

Waynan

Adventurer
Thinking about Chansky's last comment and as they head back to Houston City Limits proper, Syd asks Shatterframe: "Since I have a fairly full credstick, I need to see about some enhancements. I'm zeroing in some serious juju about this next run at the Axelrad. Mind if I stop at The New You?" (OOC: Yes! I am stealing from 'Logan's Run'.)

Syd looks to his friends, his new 'family' Trolli (OCC: Oh look! Your nickname's a candy, TROLLI)! and Hawk;
"Chums, I think you should be loading up on whatever you think you need to do this. I'll lay odds, this Maxine Gibraltar is more than she seems, and then some. I think we need to be aware, really aware."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Trollick makes a funny face and scratches his beard. He rotates his seat in Shatterframe’s car back and forth, then shakes his head. “I was thinking about how the Elves in the refuge forest out north of Cleveland took to calling me little Troll. I do not think I have ever used my name, which is Thomas.”

Looking up at Shatterframe. “Swing me over to Ranella’s after you drop off Syd.”
OOC: I would like to acquire a stone for Motility or Adhesion or both to finish out my bracelet.

With a grandiose gesture, “I am really thinking I would like to grab that Orc or that Elf... I don’t think Chansky would be the best grab... and press them for more information. I’m a little ticked at the candor. If the one proves useless, clip them and take the other, but leave Chansky. It’ll make him look suspicious. We are still new enough in the game to need a lot more resources, information, and supplies to become a force to be reckoned with. I’m really tired of HPD being on the fringe of everything that is happening and not knowing who is really calling shots. It may even be more than one player. I definitely want to make a run at Maxine, just for Hawkeye would be enough, but I don’t want to do it stupid. I want to make a statement, here.”

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Thomas said:
Looking up at Shatterframe, “Swing me over to Ranella’s after you drop off Syd.”

Hawkeye adds, "Me, too. I've had my eye on a few things I'd like to pick up... By the way, Shatterframe, could you tell me where I could pick up a better snooper program than the one I currently have? It feels like my current one is starting to show its age."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: +2 xp

Gearing Up for A Boss Fight

Mind if I stop at The New You?

Swing me over to Ranella’s after you drop off Syd

Me, too. I've had my eye on a few things I'd like to pick up

Shatterframe takes you wherever you wish to go, and you may make whatever purchases you can afford. Everything that you want is in stock, and there are no complications.
better snooper program than the one I currently have

OOC: That mostly depends on your stats. Increase Mental abilities and your snooper programs will be more effective. Since Hawkeye has a 10 in Commercial he can choose his next skill at rank 1.

I am really thinking I would like to grab that Orc or that Elf

Target assessment: Hawkeye: 65+79=144, Trollick: 91+53=144, Syd: 79+50=129

Syd shrugs and says, “I’m good either way. I don’t know either of those chummers.”

After a quick discussion, Trollick and Hawkeye reach the same conclusion: the elf, Arlem Soulkilla, seemed like a doofus that would most likely attempt some bravado and get hurt rather than give credible information. The orc, Pretty Bilak, seemed to have some intelligence, but not much confidence. He would be easier to intimidate, and would likely have more useful information.
Target locate: Hawkeye 28+179=207

Using the VR, Hawkeye locks onto Pretty Bilak’s virtual life and deciphers a pattern from his habits. His roommates are Chansky and Arlem and the trio is often together. They own a three-way split apartment in a skyscraper in Humble. Every week on this night Bilak leaves alone, and goes to bowl at the nearby alley. He is usually there for several hours, and that would be a good opportunity to intercept him.

State Intentions

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Trollick grins at the prospect of the groups self-assigned task. "This being, for certain, my first attempt at an abduction, I am guessing that I am best suited to be in the bowling alley and use my magic to subdue our target. Maybe we can all be there. Perfectly legitimate to be bowling. I would have to try to effect Bilak directly. I have no real talent for trying to chemically alter a drink to take out his mind. We could buy something, and see if an opportunity presents himself. I mean, who goes bowling without having a few drinks?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye is running behind the scenes on this one; he figures that while one giant in the bowling alley might not turn heads, TWO giants might. Hawkeye intends to hack the bowling alley's security cameras (if possible) and turn them to positions that will not record the party's presence within the establishment, nor record the kidnapping.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: +2xp

Hunting Pretty Bilak

The Runners find the Big Bowla bowling alley in the ground floor of a skyscraper and decide to recon the place before Pretty Bilak arrives. Investigating the place in VR, Hawkeye finds that the only cameras are outside, and Syd Vicious decides to stay on the street and keep watch. Hawkeye’s fears that two giants together would arouse suspicion is thankfully unnecessary as the clientele of this place is mostly giants and orcs playing together in leagues. The place is well-lit and maintained, and everyone seems to have a genuine good time bowling. Trollick and Hawkeye sit at the bar and have a couple of drinks while they wait for their quarry.

Tipped off by Syd before he arrives, Trollick and Hawkeye see Pretty Bilak enter and go to the league counter. Keeping a watch on him, they see him speak hastily with frustration at the clerk who shrugs and waves him off with contempt.

Despondent, Pretty Bilak goes over to the bar, sits only two seats away from the Runners without noticing them, and orders a beer before putting his chin in his palm and elbow on the bar.

Trollick and Hawkeye share a glance, then decide to strike up a conversation with Bilak. He seems suspicious and frightened at first, but he is quickly convinced by the Runners that this is a coincidental meeting, and that they were just looking for a place to have an evening out.

“My team didn’t show up so I can’t play league tonight. Want to throw a three-way game?” Bilak offers and the Runners accept.

For the next couple of hours, the Runners share a few pitchers of beer with Bilak over a few games. Bilak is a fair bowler, but the Runners are able to make it competitive while still letting him win to get his spirits up. Subtly the Runners turn the conversation to gang life and the beer buzzed Pretty Bilak opens up about his dissatisfaction with the Hudu Krew.

“It used to be about a bunch of tough-as-steel gangers out having some nasty fun on the Helton streets. Now it’s more like a business, and management gets more ruthless with every job. Our new leader, Gibraltar, joined with the Krew after her old gang, the Slik-Niks, were wiped out by HPD. She’s ultra-nasty. Our old leader, Nice Guy Larry, tried to keep her in line, but he disappeared. We all know she killed him, but no one knows how or where.”
He gives the Runners a hard look and suddenly Pretty Bilak doesn’t seem so silly anymore. “That’s why you’re here, isn’t it? You want to know about Gibraltar. Well you can have at her. Nice Guy Larry wasn’t nice at all, but at least he never made us get desk jobs at city hall. Gibraltar almost never leaves the Axelrad Lounge, and when she does leave she doesn’t tell anyone where she’s going or what she does. If you want to go after here there, don’t go in the front door. She’s got pop out turrets in the ceiling, and electric tasers in the floor. The backdoor is a no go too, locked up tight with a dead bolt that doesn’t connect to VR. Your best bet will be to sneak in through the skyscraper. I know she has a secret access to her apartment on the second floor over the lounge. Sometimes she orders gang members to go up there with her for some really rough sex. If you can get into her apartment you can ambush her there.”

If there are any other questions for Pretty Bilak, ask them.

State Intentions

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases