The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth

"...There were three other gangers present for the murder, but they were also provided security codes by whomever paid them. The one that confessed was low level and doesn't know who hired them, but at least we know what gang it was now. The sleaze HPD has is named Ponder Tom, and we can't get to him. I bet if we ask around to find some of his friends, we might track down some answers."

This means that Ponder Tom and the other three Hudus were pawns. They might have pulled the trigger, but someone higher up, maybe Gibraltar, maybe someone higher than her, ordered the hit.

Hawkeye says, "Look, man, we've got no problem with most gangers, including the Hudus. To be honest, most of what you guys used to be involved in was low-level, run-of-the-mill type stuff. But this Gibraltar chick is taking the Hudus in a new, and dangerous direction. And even beyond that, she is taking her marching orders from someone even higher up the chain. Pretty soon, whoever is pulling her strings is going to run out of use for her; when that happens, Gibraltar, along with the rest of the Hudus, will become sacrificial lambs, patsies to take the blame for something big, so that the "big boss" can keep his or her hands clean. I know you don't want to be someone's patsy; no one does. So I tell you what: setting up an ambush for her would go a lot smoother if we had eyes and ears inside the Axelrad. Do you think you'd be up to helping us? If we take out Gibraltar, that would leave the Hudus in a position to elect a new leader, and go back to the way things were. Who knows, maybe that leader could be you? What do you say to that?"

86 (d100 roll) + 10 (Commercial) + (?) Persona? (Persona = 6) = 96 (?) 104 (?)

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: Game Mechanics: Negotiate. For negotiation rolls I use three tasks 1. Aggression (because body language counts), 2. Negotiate (the words used to convince, Commercial skills are already added into this task), 3. Clarity (in TUW: ES magic is both a conscious and unconscious action, subtly manipulating things in your favor)

Negotiation: Hawkeye (Aggression) 20, (Negotiate) 28, (Clarity) 16 = 64 + 86 (d100) = 150

This is an opposed roll so Bilak gets to resist: Pretty Bilak (Aggression) 20, (Negotiate) 22, (Clarity) 15 = 57 + 25 (d100) = 82

Now we compare the numbers: Hawkeye 150 – Pretty Bilak 82 = 68 (if the resulting number is positive, then the action is successful. The higher the number, the greater the success. Since the number is over 50, complete success is achieved. Not only does Hawkeye convince Pretty Bilak to help with their run, he actually makes him think he could be the leader of the Hudu Krew, which Hawkeye knows is utter drek.

Not that he needed the help, but since Trollick is present, he could declare giving an assist to the negotiate action, which would give Hawkeye a +25 bonus to his roll

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Trollick feigns surprise. "Well now, that is a fortuitous bit of unexpected intel. We have no particular leaning to any specific gangs, but it sounds like some management struggle might be beneficial all the way around. Perhaps it was a bit of luck we found ourselves enjoying a drink here. The bowling was good peaceable break, too."

"I cannot provide you with any intentions on our part at this time. We prefer task pay without any influence bent, but it's amazing what interests some payers have. Who knows we might bowl a game two again sometime in the near future."

While he is talking, Trollick messages Syd that they should be on the way out. When he finishes speaking, he nods to Hawkeye, indicating his desire to depart.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: 2 xp
Title Goes Here

The two Runners part ways with Bilak, who seems in much better spirits than when he entered, and meet back up with Syd. The three depart to a nearby coffee shop to discuss their plans. The place is well lit and not too crowded so that the Runners feel no one is observing them.

As the conversation turns to what to do about the Hudu Krew and their link to Hawkeye’s parents, Shatterframe walks into the shop and sits down at your table. With a coy smile she says, “Hi, fellas. What are we up to tonight?”

State intentions

MacConnell

Trollick nods at Shatterframe and speaks to the group. "I'm thinking we need to see what we can learn of Gibraltar and the Axelrad Lounge. Hawkeye, a lot of this may fall to you. You may be able to find floorplans or some such pertinent information on the VR for the club."

"Shatterframe, you know of anyone offer cred for a run at the lounge or anything specific against the Hudu?"

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Shatterframe takes a drag from her dispenser and responds, "The only jobs I have for your level are the one's I offered. Gibraltar? She owns the Axelrad, although I've heard she's been pulling strings with the Hudu since her old gang got snuffed. She's there most nights. Have you tried talking to her? If she's at her lounge, she's not going to want to start trouble. That's her baby. She's a business woman, though, so expect to give up something for the information."

Shatterframe smiles and offers, "Do any of you remember the night we met at the Axelrad Lounge, I told you the Mars Corporation secretly runs the Hudu Krew?"

MacConnell

... Shatterframe smiles and offers, "Do any of you remember the night we met at the Axelrad Lounge, I told you the Mars Corporation secretly runs the Hudu Krew?"
Trollick shakes his head. "I remember the night but not the conversation. I am a bit out of the loop on corporate info, having been raised outside of the city. I don't really understand the significance of Mars, specifically being involved, but I understand the gravity of any corporation being involved."

He looks at each of the crew members. "So what are we looking for here? Is our beef with Gibraltar on info about Hawkeye's parents?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye asks Shatterframe, "Do you think it would be wise to ask her directly about one of her contracts? Especially if my parents had some sort of dirt on the Mars Corporation? Sounds like it could get dicey to me."

Remove ads