• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Unusual Heroes Reborn

Ziona

First Post
I know, I know...haven't posted in awhile, but that's because I haven't had much time. However, I promise that I will update on Friday, which I have off from work. I am going to try to devote the whole day to working on the story so I can get to what happened to our Unusual Heroes in the last few sessions.

And besides, you're too young to understand what a "bump" is anyhow, Sandman. :p

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Ziona, I really think you should just cut your losses and jump ahead to maybe two sessions behind where we are now. What you're trying to do is akin to trying to take in George Lucas' neck fat all at once... you'll never do it, but you can go mad trying.

For every handful of story hour mud you shovel out, three more slide into the pit.

Ziona

First Post
The Chasm

The party stood looking at the chasm that impeded their way, wondering how they were going to traverse such an obstacle. Nuttin, who had finished telling Lox of his heroics with the young dragon for the third time, was scratching his chin. Then a thoughtful look crossed his face and he snapped his fingers.

“That’s it! I’ve got a plan, laddies,” he exclaimed.

Venus, Dent, and Lox looked at Nuttin for his answer while Belasco chortled and Prynne smirked. Elmond was trying to communicate with their hairy beast friend (without success).

“We can use the dragon to make our way across the gap,” began Nuttin. “I’m sure I can conjure up something to hold the weight of the dragon wings long enough for us to cross.”

“You want us to remove the dragons wings to create a bridge?” asked Prynne.

“Precisely, missy,” said Nuttin.

“That could actually work,” replied Dent.

“Not a bad idea, halfling,” said Venus. “Lets get to work on those wings!”

A laborious while later, the party had managed to remove the wings from the young dragon. Venus, Dent, Prynne and Belasco were covered in dark, sticky dragon blood. Lox helped them retrieve water from the dragon’s lair to rid themselves of the bloody mess while Nuttin looked over his spellbook. Elmond readied the ropes they would use for support.

“Here we are,” smiled Nuttin. He closed his spellbook and began reciting the spidery words to the spell. A moment later, he had produced enough webbing to cover the entire chasm.

“Now lay the wings across the web,” instructed Nuttin.

Venus and Dent carried one wing while Prynne and Belasco carried the other. Once the wings were set, the party looped the rope around each other and began to cross the chasm.

“Wow, Nuttin, that was a great idea! You really are a smart old halfling,” chirped Lox happily.

When the party reached the other side of the chasm, they began untying the ropes when they heard a familiar sound.

“Ullgh…wwlllrrghhh…wwwuuullllhhhh…”

“Oh no!” cried Lox. “We forgot the hair guy!”

They turned and looked and found that the Spleckle was standing near the edge of the chasm, mumbling the same string of words they found intelligible.

“Ullgh…wwlllrrghhh…wwwuuullllhhhh…"

“Leave him there,” grumbled Belasco. “He hasn’t done anything useful, and no one can understand what he’s saying anyhow.”

“We can’t just leave him there,” protested Lox. “What if someone catches him again and puts him in another cage? Or what if he falls in the chasm? Or what if…”

“Enough!” shouted Prynne. “We’ll get the damn beast to come over the chasm just to shut you up.”

“How are we going to do that when we can’t communicate with it?” asked Dent.

“Simple,” replied Prynne. “We just drag it over. I’ll lasso it so even if the webbing breaks, it will still be safe.”

“This should be interesting,” commented Nuttin with a grin.

“Be careful with him,” sniffled Lox.

Prynne took the end of the rope that was wrapped around her waist and tied it into a loop, and began to swing the lasso in a wide circle. She through the lasso out at the Spleckle and caught it in the loop on the first try.

“See? No problem,” she smiled proudly. She gave a tug on the rope while Dent and Lox called their hairy friend over to their side of the chasm, but he wouldn’t budge. Frowning slightly, Prynne gritted her teeth and gave the rope a hard jerk, pulling the Spleckle forward.

“Ullgh…wwlllrrghhh…wwwuuullllhhhh!!!”

The Spleckle responded with a violent tug of his own that dragged Prynne out onto the dragon wings and webbing.

“Ullgh…wwlllrrghhh…wwwuuullllhhhh!!!”

“Quickly! Grab the end of the rope,” shouted Dent, trying to grasp the remaining rope that hung from Prynne’s waist.

The Spleckle continued to thrash about on the other side of the chasm, causing the webs beneath Prynne’s bare feet to tear. She was going to fall! She clasped her hands on to the rope that extended out to the Spleckle and gave another tug. The Spleckle was yanked forward, making the rope less taught. However, when the Spleckle yanked itself back up, the loop around it’s hairy body came loose, and sent Prynne plummeting through the webs. The rope that Dent held tore through his hands, leaving them red and burning.

On the other side of the chasm the Spleckle still thrashed about until it ran into a wall, which seemed to calm it down. It stood motionless again and mumbled the usual “Ullgh…wwlllrrghhh…wwwuuullllhhhh.”

“Poor baldy,” said Nuttin sadly. “She may not have been very nice, but she didn’t deserve to be dropped into a bottomless pit.”

“Oh, no,” frowned Lox. “Prynne is gone and so is our hair creature.”

They looked up to see the Spleckle wander off alone back the way they had come.

“It’s not fair! Dent, can’t you do something? Maybe Nuttin can cast a spell,” said Lox.

“Quiet! Listen,” said Belasco. “I hear something…”

It sounded like a scraping or chiseling noise, and it seemed to come up from the darkness of the chasm. As they neared the edge, it became louder.

“I don’t believe it,” said Venus. “It’s her.”

They looked over the edge and saw that Prynne had managed to cling to the side of the chasm wall and was now using her climbing kit to make her way back.

“Quickly! Lower a rope,” said Dent. Venus pulled forth a rope, and both he and Dent held it securely as Prynne climbed her way back to the top of the chasm.

“Welcome back,” said Venus with a grin.

Prynne looked down at Lox, then turned to Venus. “You didn’t think I’d let you be the only adventurers to defeat the maze did you?”

The group laughed and began investigating the area. While Prynne was putting her climbing spikes back into her pack, she felt a tug on her cloak. She turned to see Lox looking up at her.

“Miss Prynne? I just wanted to tell you that I’m sorry you almost fell into the bottomless hole. I know you were just trying to get the hairy creature to come along so you wouldn’t have to hear me complain, so I think it’s kind of my fault that you fell into the chasm, but I didn’t know that the hairy guy was going to pull you like that…did you think he was going to be so strong? I wonder where he’s from to be so strong? Do you think that’s what he’s trying to tell us? I mean, how do we…”

“Lox,” interrupted Prynne. “Thank you.”

She turned from him and began following the group away from the chasm. Lox looked back one last time to see if his hairy friend had returned. Seeing that he hadn’t, he just shrugged and followed the group into the next room.

The Adventure Continues…

Last edited:

Ziona

First Post
Shiny Objects

The group followed Dent down a long corridor. Dent called Lox forward when he found the first door.

“It’s safe,” said Lox. “It’s not even locked. See?”

Lox swung the door open with a smile and pranced happily into the room.

“Hullo. My name is Lox. Who are you?”

Dent and Venus followed behind Lox and saw a very frail-looking man with dark skin sitting within a circle meditating. Beneath him was a giant pentagram. He opened one eye and looked at Lox.

“Leave this place,” he said loudly. The sound of his deep voice bounced off the walls so the others who waited in the hallway could hear.

“Oooh, that’s a pretty gem you have,” said Lox with a look of wonder in his eyes.

Lox quickly approached the man with an outstretched arm, and grabbed the sparkling ruby. The man’s eyes snapped open and he clutched Lox’s wrist.

“What have you done?” shouted the man.

“It’s so pretty I had to touch it,” said Lox.

Venus and Dent moved forward with their weapons drawn. Lox began to struggle to get away from the thin man, but did not loosen his grip on the ruby.

“Unhand my ruby, thief!”

“Leggo of me! Leggo!”

Lox struggled as fiercely as the Spleckle had struggled against Prynne, although he wouldn’t loosen his grip on the gem. Suddenly, a loud cracking noise could be heard reverberating off the walls. The meditating man shouted out in pain.

“What have you done? You fool…”

The man no longer had a hold on Lox. In fact, the man’s arm seemed to be resting at a funny angle now.

“Lox! What are you doing? Get over here, now,” called Dent.

“We don’t know what sort of magics this man has,” shouted Venus. “When will you ever learn, silly halfling?!”

The man looked up at the intruders with an angry, painful scowl.

“I am a pacifist, you fools…why have you come here to disturb me and steal from me?”

Dent looked shocked. Venus was confused. Lox just smiled and looked at the sparkling ruby.

“I am truly sorry,” said Dent, “but you are in a deadly maze.”

“Be gone! Get out of here,” cried the dark-skinned man.

“Can I keep this ruby?” asked Lox.

The man smirked at Lox, an evil look appearing in his eyes.

“Get out!” he shouted. “A curse upon you and your retched halfling family! A curse!”

“Let’s be gone,” said Venus to Dent. Dent grabbed Lox and they exited the room.

“What happened in there?” asked Prynne, seeing the large ruby that Lox was holding.

“I got this pretty shiny ruby,” started Lox. “But the man was so loud, and rude, too. You wouldn’t believe what he said about my family.”

“Let’s just move along,” sighed Dent, trying to keep his composure.

The next door they found was unlocked as well. As they approached the door, they could hear the jangling of bells. When Lox tried to inspect the door for traps, it swung open and a jester smiled wildly at them.

“Greetings, adventurers!”

“Hullo! I’m Lox! Who are you?”

“Why I am Mar the Jester, young halfling,” he said, “and have I got a treat for you!”

The man who stood before them was dressed in what was once brightly colored apparel. His clothing was faded and tattered, and the only thing that really stood out were the bright shiny bells on his shoes.

“Whoa, wait a minute,” said Dent pulling Lox away from Mar. “What are you doing down here in the maze?”

“Well, if you truly must know,” Mar replied, “I was kicked out of Lord Korvish’s court, and he through me down here. I am a prisoner of the maze, like yourselves.”

“You’ve got to be kidding…” mumbled Prynne.
“Oh, but I’m not, my dear. It’s awful living all your days down here, waiting for someone to show up…it’s so lonely…”

“Pull yourself together,” said Venus.

“Pull? Did you say pull? Sure you can,” said Mar pulling a deck of cards out of thin air.

“Ooh, a game! Isn’t this grand? I wanna pull,” said Lox.

“No, Lox! No more of these shenanigans,” said Dent. “Let’s move along.”

As the party turned to leave, Lox ran into the room with Mar and the door closed behind them.

“Great,” said Belasco. “The halfling is at it again. You do realize that we could make much better time if we just left the little nuisance behind, right?”

Dent glared at Belasco a moment, then moved back to the door and opened it wide.

“Lox, the party isn’t going to stand for your foolishness any longer,” he said sternly.

Lox looked up from the deck and smiled. “It’s okay Dent. You should try. It’s a lot of fun.”

Mar held out the cards to each of them, explaining that good fortune could come their way if they pulled from the deck of cards. He told tales of others who had pulled from the deck, and how they had received treasure and land, wishes and magical gifts.

“What did Lox get?” asked Prynne.

“A second chance,” said Mar with a smile. “Now it’s your turn, my bald, female friend. Say, did anyone ever tell you that you have a shiny head?”

“Shiny things are nice,” said Lox, thinking of his ruby.

“Shut up and give me a card,” said Prynne.

“Prynne,” said Dent, “are you sure you want to do this? We don’t know if we can trust this jester.”

Prynne didn’t take her eye from Mar. “Don’t worry about me, ranger,” she said.
She reached forward and pulled a card from the deck he held before her. It turned to smoke and wisped away. In her head she heard the jester laughing. “Lucky girl…you have a wish. Looks like you didn’t have to finish the maze to get it after all, baldy.”

“What was that?” asked Venus. “Are you okay?”

Prynne turned to the group. “I’m fine.”

“Miss Prynne, what did you get from the card?” asked Lox.

“That is for me alone to know, Lox,” she said.

“Let me have a hand at that deck,” said Venus. He reached forward and pulled a card. It transformed before their eyes into a scroll. Venus untied the bow, unrolled the scroll and read it.

“It’s a deed,” he said. “I am now a landowner.”

“Land? Let me try,” said Nuttin. He pulled a card and it transformed into a rod. In his mind, he heard Mar laughing, “It is a Rod of Wonder, halfling. Should be useful since you’re too old to fight.”

Belasco reached forward and pulled a card, which, like Prynne’s, wisped away into smoke. Immediately he felt invigorated, stronger. He heard the jester say “How does it feel to be stronger? I know you elves are so frail and weak.”

Belasco looked at Mar from behind his mask.

“You know nothing, Jester,” he spat.

“Oh, no. I’ve upset the masked elf,” laughed Mar. “Whatever will he do?”

“Don’t push me, you worthless human,” he growled, turning away.

“It’s your turn, ranger,” giggled Mar. “Unless you’d like me to leaf you alone.”

“That’s funny,” chortled Lox.

“I don’t need to pull from that deck,” said Dent and he turned away.

“Touchy fellow,” said Mar with a smirk. “What about the horny fellow? What are you, part goat?”

Elmond looked insulted, and shoved his way past the jester and followed Dent. The rest of the party began to follow Dent away from Mar’s room as well, and before long, they noticed that Mar was following them.
“Whoa, wait a minute,” said Venus. “What mischief are you planning, jester?”

“No mischief,” said Mar. “But I don’t want to live the rest of my days in this maze, so I’d like to follow you to see if you actually find your way out. Is that so bad?”

“I don’t trust this jester,” said Belasco. “I say we tie him up and leave him in the room we found him in.”

“He hasn’t done anything wrong,” said Dent. “It’s understandable that he would want to leave this wretched place. We’ll just have to keep an eye on him.”

“Why thank you,” said Mar.

“Just watch yourself,” said Belasco. “All I need is one reason…”

“Ooh, so dark and mysterious,” said Mar. “What’s behind your mask that you’re hiding, hmmmm?”

“Back off,” said Belasco, giving Mar a shove. “Stay at the back with the halflings.”

“Hooray,” said Lox. “I can tell you some stories if you like…”
Mar rolled his eyes and followed the group.

Further down the corridor the party came across two doors. Again Lox was called to the front of the line to inspect the first one. He found the first one was unlocked and not trapped. The second one was locked, but not trapped, and he unlocked it. Before he could make any hasty moves, though, Venus picked him up by the nap of his neck and moved him aside.

“I’ll open the door this time,” he said. He swung open the door and burst inside with his sword ready. But, instead of an insidious foe, he found three women lounging about the large room, which was dimly lit by candles. The smell of incense hung in the air and a bed of satiny pillows sat in the center of the room. Against the back wall was a long table presenting a feast of succulent meats, cheeses, fruits, breads and wine. There were tapestries on the wall and decorative carpets on the floor. The three women looked up in unison as Venus opened the door. One was a voluptuous red head in a red gown. The second wore light armor and had sandy blonde hair. The third wore scale mail armor and had dark hair and eyes.

“Pardon the intrusion, miladies,” stuttered Venus.

“It’s quite alright,” said the red haired woman, standing up. “Come right in Sir…?”

“Venus…my name is Venus, milady.”

“Welcome, Venus. I am Veerdra. This is Cryenna,” she said pointing to the blonde, “and Hrolga,” she said motioning to the brunette.

Venus dropped to one knee and bowed before the women as the rest of the party entered. Cryenna and Hrolga stood up from the bed at that point and Cryenna seemed to keep some distance between herself and the group.

“Is this your group of friends, Venus?” asked Veerdra seductively.

“Yes, milady. They are my allies in this hellish maze.”

“You are seeking a way out, I see,” said Veerdra. “Will you rescue us from the clutches of Lord Korvish?”

“Of course, milady,” said Venus, getting back to his feet. “I will see to your protection personally, Veerdra.”

“Why thank you, Venus.”

“Wait a minute,” said Prynne. “We don’t know if we can trust these women anymore than we know we can trust the damn jester. I say we leave them here. We aren’t here to rescue every stray we meet in this godforsaken pit!”

“Prynne, you are jumping to conclusions,” said Venus. “Veerdra would never do anything to harm us.”

Prynne glanced at Venus. His eyes seemed to shine with awe at Veerdra. It was obvious he was smitten with her. Prynne looked to Dent. “What are your thoughts, ranger?”

“If they are prisoners as they say they are, I don’t see how we can possibly leave them here under Korvish’s thumb.”

“Fine,” said Prynne, looking at Veerdra. “But I’m watching you.”

“No need to be so suspicious,” said Veerdra coolly. “We just want to escape Lord Korvish.”

“We didn’t ask to be brought here,” said Hrolga. “We want to leave, as you do.”

Belasco looked at Cryenna. She stood silently behind the other two women and eyed the party suspiciously.

“And what about you, Cryenna,” he asked. “Have you anything to add?”

“I want only to return to my people,” she said flatly.

“Then I say we take them with us,” said Belasco.

“Do you three have any idea how to escape?” asked Nuttin. “Korvish must have brought you here somehow. Do you remember?”

“He used magic to bring us here,” said Hrolga.

“Hey look!” cried Lox. “There’s enough food here to feed an army!”

“Which is exactly what we’re shaping up to be,” grumbled Prynne.

“Eat your fill,” said Veerdra. “This is a fine place to rest if you feel the need.”

The party agreed that they could use the rest and decided to stay in the room. They split up their watches and their night was uneventful. The jester kept Lox occupied while Venus’s attention was taken by Veerdra. Prynne and Dent discussed strategies while Belasco talked with Cryenna. Elmond and Nuttin bickered about their magical abilities as usual.

In the morning the well rested (and well fed) group ventured back down the corridors and deeper into the maze.

The Adventure Continues…

Ziona

First Post
A Second Chance

The party walked the last corridor and found nothing but a dead end. It seemed that they would have to backtrack and cross the chasm again. The problem was that when Prynne fell through the webbing, the dragon’s wings fell with her. There would be no makeshift bridge to cross this time. The group explained to the newcomers how they had crossed the chasm the first time.

“What do we do now?” asked Nuttin.

“Well, we can’t fly across the accursed thing,” grumbled Prynne.

Just then Belasco took off his pack and began rummaging through his belongings.
“I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it before,” he remarked.

“Thought of what?” asked Dent.

Belasco pulled forth a vial with a cork in the top. “My potion of flying.”

Nuttin smacked his hand to his forehead in disbelief. Dent shook his head with a smirk.

“You had a potion of flying all this time?” asked Prynne.

“Yes,” said Belasco coolly. “And you should be thankful. Otherwise we’d be stuck here if we used it the first time around.”

Belasco drank the potion and carried each person across. His newly found strength aided him in the process. Once everyone was at the other side, a familiar sound welcomed them.

“Ullgh…wwlllrrghhh…wwwuuullllhhhh…”

“Omigosh! He’s okay,” cried Lox.

From around the corner came the Spleckle, muttering the unintelligible nonsense he always spoke. Prynne rolled her eyes and avoided the hairy beast, while Lox ran up to it and told it all they had done without it.

The group pressed on until they came upon an area that did not look familiar to them. They traveled down the new corridor and saw a door at the end. Lox dutifully checked for traps. Finding one, he disarmed it, and then used his lockpicks to unlock the door. He knew better than to open the door, although he really wanted to, and stepped aside so Venus or Dent could be the first in the room.

Lox noticed that Venus was less interested in storming in the room than he used to be. It seemed that he was more interested in staying at Veerdra’s side to protect her. As a result, Dent was the first to enter the room.

The room was circular and a man in full plate sat at a table with a mug of ale. As Dent entered, the man reached for his glowing whip that sat on the table in front of him. Behind the man was a roaring fire with a stewing pot full of gruel. The man jumped up from his seat and strode forward, weapon in hand.

“You have made a mistake entering my chambers,” he bellowed. “A fatal mistake.”

Dent dodged the man’s first attack as the rest of the party piled into the room.

“I am the Master Keeper of the Caged, and I shall see you dead!” he bellowed. Using his whip, the Master attacked Dent again. The whip struck the ranger in the chest and knocked him to the floor.

“Dent!” gasped Lox.

Lox tumbled over to his friend to aid his injuries as best he could, while Prynne tumbled towards the Master with her swords drawn. She swiped at their attacker twice, and managed to hit him once with her longsword. Venus ran into the fray, bellowing his battle cry and swung his sword at the Master, but missed.

The Master did not miss however. He turned to Prynne and lashed at her with his Whip of Pain, knocking her to the ground alongside Dent. Venus pressed on in his attack, but he too, was felled by the Master and his whip.

Lox, satisfied that he could still hear Dent’s heartbeat jumped up and tumbled behind the Master Keeper. The Master caught the movement from the corner of his eye and whipped at the halfling. To avoid being hit, Lox tumbled back, which landed him right in front of his foe. The Master used his whip again and Lox was among his unconscious companions on the floor.

Elmond pulled the women, the jester, and the Spleckle back out of the room and kept them in the corridor, hoping his companions would take their enemy down. Meanwhile, Nuttin began reciting the spidery words of a spell, while Belasco, knowing what Nuttin intended on casting, pulled their companions out of the room. The Master, hearing the caster, reached for a lever on the wall. After pulling the lever, the Master blew on a whistle that hung around his neck.

The lever released a barrage of monsters who were under the command of the Master. They were intent on killing anyone in their way. From the cages in the adjacent room came two bugbears, a grimlock, a dire wolverine, and a monstrous poisonous toad. Just as they approached, Nuttin’s spell was complete…a ball of fire burst in the room, roasting anything in it’s path. Nuttin slapped his knee in satisfaction when he saw that the monsters had perished due to the fireball he had conjured.

However, the Master was not so pleased with the death of Korvish’s monsters, and bellowed as he attacked the halfling wizard. His Whip of Pain struck Nuttin and knocked him unconscious with the rest of the group.

Belasco looked down at the halfling and realized he was practically the last one standing. The smirk behind his mask did not show as he dropped his weapons and surrendered.
The Master waltzed up to Belasco and kicked his weapon out of his reach.

“The Master Keeper of the Caged does not take prisoners,” he spat. “You will die, just as your friends will die. Any last words?”

“Yes…” Belasco doubled up his fist, on which he wore his chainmail gauntlet, and slammed the Master in the face. The blow crushed the Master’s nose and knocked him to the floor in a heap. Belasco was quick to grab the Master’s glowing whip, and his own weapon as well. He tied the Master up and locked him in one of the cages where he kept the monstrous animals.

After a few hours, (which Belasco spent talking with Cryenna), the party began to awaken. Before long, they were organized again, and continued on. The next room they came upon was circular like the last room. However, this room did not have a door leading out. The ceiling of this room was very high, and the group noticed that there was a passageway leading out up near the ceiling. But, there were no stairs or ladders leading to the passageway. Most of the group were thinking about this dilemma when Lox pointed out the chests he found.

“Look what I found! It’s a whole buncha coins! This is great,” he continued as he opened the next box. “Look. This one has potions in it. I wonder what they do…”

“Let me see,” said Dent. He picked up one of the vials from the chest and opened the cork. “Smells kind of odd,” he said.

“Tastes kind of funny, too,” said Lox.

“Lox, you didn’t,” said Dent.

“Lumley! What are you thinking, you nincompoop,” yelled Nuttin.

“Well, I thought if it didn’t hrrt Dnt…eeh…mhhh..mmfff…ifffs sshhhttkk,” Lox mumbled.

“What’s wrong, Lox?”

Lox pointed frantically at his mouth. He tried to tell him that he couldn’t open his mouth, but he couldn’t open his mouth to tell them! It seemed like it sealed shut. His throat felt as though it were sticky and clogged, and it was getting harder for him to breathe. He was starting to panic, which caused his face to turn red. He clutched at his throat, and pointed at his mouth.

“Lox! What’s happening?” shouted Dent.

“Give him some water,” suggested Nuttin.

“See the trouble his mischief can cause?” said Belasco to Cryenna. “That’s why I suggest we let the halfling go first. Where I come from the lesser races, like halflings, are sent ahead to scout out the enemy, that way the real forces are aware of what’s ahead…”

“I don’t think he can breathe,” said Prynne.

By this time, almost the entire party was huddled around Lox, making it even harder for him to breathe. He knew he was suffocating, and he was afraid. What could he do? What could any of them do? He should have listened to Dent and been more careful, but it was too late for that now. He looked at each of them, realizing he would never get the chance to adventure with any of them again. He would miss Dent and Nuttin, and he was sad that he would never really get to know Elmond or Mar, or…

Mar The Jester…the cards…the deck! That’s right…a second chance!
Lox realized he had a second chance, and he used his dying breath to speak the proper words…

“eeyyy wisss thsss dnnnt hppnnnnnnnn….”

Suddenly, Lox was not suffocating anymore. Everyone was looking at the chest with the coins inside, and Lox was watching Dent trying to uncork the vial.

“Dent, don’t!” he shouted. “Don’t open it.”

“What’s wrong, Lox?”

“I uh…I don’t think we should mess with these, that’s all. Maybe we can figure out what they are later…or something,” he said nervously.

“For once the halfling is talking sensibly,” said Prynne.

Lox just smiled sheepishly as the group looked up to the wall again. Mar, however, smiled at Lox, and patted him on the shoulder.

The Adventure Continues…

Dartan

First Post
You know i didn't realize how annoying Lox is till i read the story.....He's gonna get himself killed or a party member killed one of these days....he's so much fun to play...Nice updates Ziona can't wait to read more.

Remove ads