• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Value of my DDI Subscription

JoeGKushner

First Post
my two big beefs with the new CB is how slow scrolling is in the online character sheet and when I print to PDF the text is illegible. I cant use it.

I have noticed the dungeon & dragon content isnt as solid as it use to be.

Is this all WotC fault? or are they just not getting quality articles?

Unless things have massively changed, most of the aritcles are done by in-house staff no?

Nytmare

David Jose
I don't know about Intuit's Quicken but all my Autodesk products allow me to download the older version of their software with all updates and patches up to the point of the new version's release.

I hadn't really thought about it this way before, but it seems like WOTC frequently ends up making changes where their previous incarnation becomes their own primary competition.

Dungeoneer

First Post
WotC, at least in regards to a single product (the CB), falls significantly below best business practice. Whether a game company should be held to similar standards as a professional company is another conversation.
I see this sort of sentiment a lot, and I don't understand it. Why not? Why should we not hold WotC accountable for their crummy software and customer relations fiascos when we would other companies?

Ryujin

Legend
Of course we should hold game companies to the same standards. They're COMPANIES; corporate entities. Wizards, in particular, has the backing of a huge corporation; Hasbro. The only difference between a company like Wizards and Sony, for example, is the type of product they produce. They're widgets.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads