The Vizier

DMEntropy

First Post
The Vizier meets you all at the site of your latest battle in Cliffport. He is apparently upset at the timing and now is urging you to attack Yalgad's manor house to free Lady Karnom and the others as soon as possible so that you may leave with her alive.

He has offered to provide you with plans of the layout of the manor house and grounds. There is a cellar that he does not know what is down there however.

He also mentioned that the Duke is expecting his cut from the prize of the Avonia. Paying him off can ensure that the trebuchets don't sink the Avonia in the harbor. The Vizier estimates that it will take at least 500-600gp by his guess to satisfy the Duke. That is not a hard figure though.

Ezieer

First Post
Ezieer is starting to smell something afoot... he will half promise half blow off the Vizer and start investigating things for himself.

He is starting to feel like a confidence scheme is being pulled on him since the deal is changing radically. He however has no proof of this.

Aguirre

First Post
Walfilbalf shrugs his mighty shoulders, resigning himself to their new mission. He turns to Elendil, "Well, Elfy, if'n yer needin' ta rest up, I say ya best do it now."

He yawns, and drops his enormous pack to the ground, "Longer we stick 'round 'ere, more chance we'll be found out. An' we don' want ta lose surprise, 'at's fer shur. Not if'n we want ta be savin' yer Lady."

To the Vizeer, he queries, "I know ye was plannin' on 'tackin' tomorra night, but don' ya think ye could send some 'elp our way when we go, even if it's a l'il early?"

DMEntropy

First Post
The Vizier turns to Walf in answer, "My most important goal tonight is the preservation of my contacts and informants. Yalgad's house will be in disarray and certain quarrels may get....settled...if you know what I mean. What I will most likely be able to do is to cover your retreat from the manor. The people I have available will be much better suited for that than the attack itself."

He then asks Theodus, "You thought I was the Sorceror when I entered. Why?"

DMEntropy

First Post
(( Is there anything else that you would like to accomplish during the night? The Vizier has sent for a map of the manor house to be brought to you. Ezieer, if you would let everyone know the URL of the map of the manor I sent you earlier I would appreciate it.))

"Here is a map of the manor. The outer wall is limestone and 8' tall with spiked grates lining the top. There is a main front gate that is reinforced wood. A rear door is small and reinforced with iron. The main house has three entrances, one in front and two in back. The building in the bottom left is used as a servants quarters and storage for mundane supplies. The bottom right holds kennels for his war dogs. The small building above that is the home of the dog keeper." The Vizier goes over the map with you when it arrives.

"At night there is a posted guard at the front gate inside the gate. A patrol walks around with one of the dogs every half hour or so. Inside the house are additional guards. These guards are tough folks. Nothing like the amateurs you ran into here. Yalgad's room is upstairs as is his private library. There is a complex of rooms in the basement and many things are stored there. I don't have a map of those rooms though."

Last edited:

RJKrik

First Post
Azeem Razuddi

"That was my comment about your identity, actually. There have been so many different plots and schemes going on around us since we came to this island that I took a guess about who you might be. Obviously I was wrong."

DMEntropy

First Post
The Vizier answers Azeem, "My mistake. Have you seen anything to suggest that the Sorceror is interested in your activities or ship?"

Here is the map:
3.jpg

RJKrik

First Post
Azeem Razuddi

Azeem seems to think on the Vizier's question. "Nothing in particular, he was just one of the other major players on the island, you never know who might become interested in your actions."

Remove ads