The Walking Dead 4.15 - "US"

ksm2552

First Post
They'll kill a guy over lying, but because Rick killed one of their own they feel the need to hunt him down? Really confused about the loyalties here.

Plus their whole talk of claiming dibs on the woman while in the house paints a great picture of how "nice" they are. Rape gang anyone?

They'll kill a guy over lying, but because Rick killed one of their own they feel the need to hunt him down? Really confused about the loyalties here.

Plus their whole talk of claiming dibs on the woman while in the house paints a great picture of how "nice" they are. Rape gang anyone?

I do not think they are supposed to be nice, they are basically like a gang. They are bad but have rules, and punish people in their group who break those rules.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Besides the nature of a gang, there's also the issue that the guy they killed seemed like he was a problem. That likely wasn't his first offense. Given how dangerous the world is, there's a certain cruel logic to getting rid of people they can't trust.

They didn't actually kill the guy. The rule was that you catch a beating for lying. Up until the episode ended, the guy was getting his beating.
They seem to have different rules for different settings. They have road rules where all you have to do is say "I claim X, Y, Z." It's possible they have different rules when they are at their settlement, which come to think of it, may be Terminus.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
They didn't actually kill the guy. The rule was that you catch a beating for lying. Up until the episode ended, the guy was getting his beating.

They beat him. The next morning, he was dead outside. You want to suggest that the beating *wasn't* what killed him? He actually died of chicken pox, or something?

They beat him. The next morning, he was dead outside. You want to suggest that the beating *wasn't* what killed him? He actually died of chicken pox, or something?

Yeah, I don't see any other interpretation than he was beaten to death. It basically looked to me, judging by the bosses handling of the situation that he had been a problem for some time and they were basically looking for a reason to get rid of him.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Yeah, I don't see any other interpretation than he was beaten to death. It basically looked to me, judging by the bosses handling of the situation that he had been a problem for some time and they were basically looking for a reason to get rid of him.

That was my interpretation as well - he had been a problem for a while now. Maybe the guy that Rick killed was Joe's right hand man/BFF/sidekick, so it had more impact on him?

That was my interpretation as well - he had been a problem for a while now. Maybe the guy that Rick killed was Joe's right hand man/BFF/sidekick, so it had more impact on him?

I hadn't thought of that possibility. Still I think it almost doesn't matter who the guy was that Rick kiled. He was a member of their group, and an outsider killed him. I think with this crew, even if they can be pretty brutal with one another, there is a sort of brotherhood thing going on, where they treat the rest of the world far, far worse.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think with this crew, even if they can be pretty brutal with one another, there is a sort of brotherhood thing going on, where they treat the rest of the world far, far worse.

I don't think you need to invoke brotherhood. You simply need the fact that if they don't try to hunt Rick down, it is pretty much saying, "we don't care if someone kills you". How long would he keep people with that message?

Remove ads