The Walking Valley: Gamma World (IC)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Away from the towering piles of metal and explosive containers, Sleestak looks around, slitted eyes impassive and watchful. The impending walk's effects on the terrain aren't what the reptiloid is interested in. Rather, he watches the other creatures. Crisis brings out the best in some, but the worst in most, it too often seems. Perhaps he's just being paranoid, but he can't escape the feeling that something is brewing.

jkason

First Post
Indio/Xanderi, cactus enforcer

Indio moves with the others into a safe portion of the yard. Tendrils start to wriggle out from what pass for feet on him, but he shakes his head, and the beginnings of his rooting halt, the tendrils drawn back into himself. Best not to tie oneself to the ground when that ground is about to move.

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma moves along with Indio, though keeps a respectful distance from the cactus. He was well aware that if he lost his balance and fell against his friend, some accidental pain would almost certainly result. He glanced around, making sure there wasn't anything big or close enough to fall onto them...then he sat placidly down and used the moment of respite to take a swallow of water.

"It will be hard to convince the others that things like this exist when I return," he remarked in his booming bass voice. He'd gotten used to vocalization after traveling for a time. At first he was used to using telepathy to communicate, but some hard experience let him know that many creatures were nervous around telepaths and preferred to communicate audially.

He chuckled. "A valley that walks."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Greyhound makes the exchange and everyone heads out to find an open area.

Then, there is rumbling. Shaking begins. The ground rises up and falls down, rolling like a bucking steed, making it impossible to stand. The world warps around everyone, and piles of junk fall over in the chaos.

And as suddenly as it started, it stops. The Junk Shop is still the jumbled pile of scrap it was before, shaken and rearranged, but still the same place it always was. From the town of Hope, however, dust and smoke rise...

"That had to be at least seven rigors," Queen Mab observes.

"No doubt! Is everyone all right?" Squort replies.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Ah yes, I'm ok, scared me a little it did but nothing fell on me so we go on now then right? This castle thing, maybe something there to make the valley stop walking? no?"

jkason

First Post
Indio/Xanderi

Indio sits up, the spines along his form shuffling slightly as if feeling the air for any further tremors. Once they've settled, he finally stands. He turns to look at the smoke rising from the town.

"I'm fine, but it might be the people near that aren't," he offers up.

No. No. No. You can wander us about wherever you like, but I absolutely will not let you take us near fire. Fire, Indio. We thrive on heat, not burning to cinders, you moron!

"A fire spreading across the valley would be a danger to every living thing, yes?" he adds as if responding to someone. "We should check to make sure it's controlled, perhaps?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sleestak squints toward the direction of the town. "I know people there. I musst help if I can." And with that said, the lizardoid hoists his gear into place and picks out a spot he can see closer to town.

"I will meet you there...if you come," he says to no one in particular, and then he vanishes.

[sblock=OOC]Use teleportation to reach the outskirts of Hope.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma gets laboriously to his feet and shades his eyes as he gazes out at the twining column of smoke in the distance.

The question was simple to him. There was no question. Leaving one of the tiny sparks of civilization left in the world to burn was simply not an option.

"Lets go," the giant rumbled, and set off towards hope with a long-legged stride.

jkason

First Post
Indio/Xanderi

"Lets go," the giant rumbled, and set off towards hope with a long-legged stride.

Indio turns to Mab and Squort, waving a quick good-bye. "Things to see, yes?"

As he strides along behind Kuma, he cocks his head to one side, as if listening to someone, then his quivering spines make a chuckling noise.

"Yes, it would be much easier if the lizard could teach us all how to jump like that, wouldn't it?"

Remove ads