The Walking Valley: Gamma World (IC)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Near to Hope, Sleestak scans the scene. His cold demeanor belies his racing mind.

I must find Alwyn. He's done too much for me.

Sleestak casts about, trying to figure out where to start looking. Alwyn isn't an important man by any stretch. More of a scavenger than anything else, but the pure strain human took Sleestak in when he was a youngling. Sleestak's people, if you can call them that, don't raise their young, but leave the eggs to hatch and the hatchlings to fend for themselves, which they can do with the right combination of luck and instinct. Sleestak, on the other hand, was raised by Alwyn, a hard-drinking desert-scratcher who took a fancy to the feral young reptiloid.

Where are you, father?

Shayuri

First Post
Indio turns to Mab and Squort, waving a quick good-bye. "Things to see, yes?"

As he strides along behind Kuma, he cocks his head to one side, as if listening to someone, then his quivering spines make a chuckling noise.

"Yes, it would be much easier if the lizard could teach us all how to jump like that, wouldn't it?"

"Easier," Kuma agrees as they trundle along, "But I think I would miss the journey. Traveling isn't just about moving from one place to another. It's about visiting all the places in between too."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The Junk Shop is located at the edge of town, where there is more space to arrange the various hulking piles of scrap without interfering with the day-to-day activities of town. The town is centered along the banks of the Mercy River.

Indio, Kuma, Pilumar, and Greyhound head down the path, back into town.

Sleestak looked around, anxious. Most of town had been built out of wood. The ground was filled with clay, "hard-pan" they called it, and some was used for roof tiles and--for the few who could afford the labor--bricks.

It looks like that might change.

368198864_131625d32c.jpg

Hope

Alwyn had made one of the brick homes.

1252445348_288bd60036.jpg

He had always insisted that picture remain straight.

Most of the town had gathered in the central square, the Hope Zocalo, and thankfully, that's where Sleestak heard a familiar voice.

"Sleestak, there you are! Popped out of the way, did you?"

Alwyn was dusty, and had a gash on his forehead. He limped and favored his arm. Still, he was in one piece, and smiling at the sight of Sleestak, reaching over for a hug.

"Ah, you made it! Ow! No, not there, yeah, that's better. The mayor said he got a warning, and rang the bell just in time to get us all out of our homes."

[sblock=Kuma]
A voice enters your mind.

Hello, Kuma. This is Wani. I trust you were able to get to safety?
[/sblock]

[sblock=credit]
Photos by ookami_dou and neozelandes
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Most of the town had gathered in the central square, the Hope Zocalo, and thankfully, that's where Sleestak heard a familiar voice.

"Sleestak, there you are! Popped out of the way, did you?"

Alwyn was dusty, and had a gash on his forehead. He limped and favored his arm. Still, he was in one piece, and smiling at the sight of Sleestak, reaching over for a hug.

"Ah, you made it! Ow! No, not there, yeah, that's better. The mayor said he got a warning, and rang the bell just in time to get us all out of our homes."

What passes for a smile distorts the corners of Sleestak's maw. "I'm happy you are safe, Father. What needs to be done? We must help the others if needed, yes?"

The reptiloid looks around the Hope Zocalo at the people, at the destruction. He is particularly concerned about fires spreading. Just because people had time to get to the square doesn't mean they had time or presence of mind to douse cooking fires.

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma straightens up, his eyebrows first furrowing, then lifting up in an expression of pleased surprise.

Wani! Yes, I am fine! What are you doing here? Are you safe and well?

To his cactus friend he says, "Another from my home is close by...close enough to touch minds. If is he near in body, we can visit him."

jkason

First Post
Indio / Xanderi

To his cactus friend he says, "Another from my home is close by...close enough to touch minds. If is he near in body, we can visit him."

The catcus' spines quiver a moment, as if he were feeling the air for another presence. "Excellent, though you may wish to warn your friend of my ... other self. Xanderi's thoughts aren't like to make the best of first impressions." His faux-smile reasserts itself, and something akin to a chuckle resonates from his crystaline spines.

Shayuri

First Post
Kuma nods with a faint smile curving his mouth.

"You've nothing to worry about," he assures his vegetative friend. "Part of being one who ventures out into the world is learning not to take offense at unguarded thoughts."

As he speaks, he listens for the reply of Wani in his mind.

Remove ads