The Weather

Zardnaar

Legend
Spin off from Covid thread. As the title says can be climate change related or just a comment on the local conditions.

July has kinda sucked here in New Zealand. 3 weeks of rain which has just kinda stopped last day or two. 3-4 months rain in a few weeks.

Two weeks ago

Few days ago

Students in my city went surfing on the river.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
Been about average here in southern New England lately - mid-to-high-80's F for the past two weeks, just now edging into the 90's for the next couple weeks. Not exactly cringe-inducing temps for some folks, but being on the coastline at sea level, the accompanying humidity can get a bit oppressive at times.
Fortunately, about half the time we end up with a moderately nasty day followed by a short rainstorm in the early evening as the heat breaks.

For us, flood season is usually early spring as it's the intersection of the winter snow thawing and the start of the rainy season.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Weather is wild. I remember when I was a kid drought was common. Temps in the high 90s to low 100s most summers. I'm not sure when it changed, but I can't remember the last time we had a drought and water restrictions. Temps rarely hit 100.

Zardnaar

Legend
Hardly hits 90 here generally 8-16C in winter with occasional freeze.

Summer usually high teens through to late 20's Celsius.

90+ is usually a handful of days. Unless you live in microclimate parts of the country.

Remove ads