• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Well of Pelor or someone

Stone Angel

First Post
OK laying in bed last night I had this sort of half asleep dream/vision type of thing. I originally envisioned it as Pelor but I suppose you could argue that it should be St. Cuthbert, I just thought it would have more of an emphasis if it was goody tooshoes, mass marketed, Pelor!

So here goes.

"The great basalt doos slide open with a grating sound revealing a massive torchlit chamber. As you enter you notice the torchlight play upon the rooms domaneering feature. The Sun Gods face looks down upon a massive hole in the caverns hewn floor. But this is not any Pelor statue you have ever seen at the church. He looks at the hole with contempt, cold fury in his eyes. He is angered. He is unrelenting in his visible ire. You never remember being afraid of the Sun God, he was always comforting, always there offering his hand to help. This is cleary not the same one. Something very wrong must have been done here."

I dreamed this up for a punishment for the most severe crimes against mortality. Like the slaughter of babies and such. Essentially it is a bottomless pit in which no magic can function and the victims never age, sleep, or have the need to eat or drink. They are merely falling for eternity.

Tell me what you think.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Algolei

Explorer
Oh yeah! Reminds me of this:

"And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit." (Rev. 9:1, 2)
Mmmm, Revelation....

Always a good source for spooky imagery. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads