The Western Reaches: Voyage to Stonekeep [Closed]

Aogiri

First Post
After the rather frightening old man finished, Lucrezia realizes she has said nothing for a time out of sheer horror. Rather than break that cycle she continues to stare in silence, dropping back behind Searcion. Wanting to ask the tasks he'd require, but worried that if she did he would withdraw his offer she put her pendant in her mouth, surprised that it tastes of blood.

Eitharaux

First Post
He quickly glances back at Lucrezia with a slightly sympathetic look on his face, but then swiftly turns back at Warren. "Hmm..." Searcion scans the man from head to toe, wondering what he's about to get himself into. "What precisely do you need help with? And what was your previous occupation that you must be so secretive?" he says sternly.

Last edited:

Blackroot

First Post
"Ah yes, good questions, but all useless for now. All will be revealed in due time, but considering you don't seem to be satisfied with the explaination as of late, I will promise you that the charges I place upon you will not tax your body as much as you'd think. Remember, Blackroot is a busy man, few people see him in any given year, and fewer than that are from the outside." Warren's sunken in eyes roll from left to right, stopping on each one of the three for only a few moments. "I will only have to wait about a week for another group of mercenaries to pass through, hopefully a group more willing to delve into the unknown and make a name for themselves, and possibly erase a troubling past." With the last syllable of his sentance, Warren's eyes rest directly on the timid creature cloaked in red, sulking behind the priest.

"I'm sure you'd like that."

"The task is yours for the taking, but, I suppose if you're reluctant to taking a risk, you're not the ideal hirelings I'm looking to make wealthy."

Last edited:

Aogiri

First Post
Lucrezia, trying her best not to be phased by the man's very pointed comment, replies "While I can't see a reason that you cannot explain yourself, we do need to meet with Mr. Bogg." Her eyes sharpened as her left hand began to glow just noticably. "We will have no problems meeting with him if we take your package, correct?"

Blackroot

First Post
Warren's lips split and a gleaming white grin travels the width of his face.

"This package is persuasion under brown paper; it is by far, the most effective way into the offices of men, and I suppose women, like Blackroot." He rattles the box for effect, and a light, hollow thumping noise is heard, but he soon realizes what he's doing and immediately stops, with a look of horror on his face."You must remember to be very careful with it though, it's contents are succeptible to shock, it's very fragile...oh, it's not an explosive either, just if you were concerned."

"I must refrain from disclosing it's contents to you, for I know that even the most foolish of thieves would try to usurp its contents at the first chance, would they know exacly what is hidden within."
The Old Man stands up and holds the parcel, parchment, and bottle infront of you. "The parcel is for Bogg, but the rest is a token of gratitude, from myself, if you do decide to help me."

Last edited:

Aogiri

First Post
"We'll do it." She blinked and her face returned to the warm and slightly bewildered look it had had before, she looked around to her companions. "As long as that's okay with everyone else, I mean..."

Eitharaux

First Post
"Of course," Searcion spoke up, "This may be our only way to get to Blackroot, unfortunately." he looks slightly down for a very brief moment, contemplating the consequences that await him as well as his newly met companions. Returning to the glowing white teeth of Warren, he says, "Now, if you would be so kind as to tell us our task at hand, I do not doubt that it would be most appreciated."

Last edited:

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Amarok nods at Lucrezia's declaration. "Yes," he says, softly, "I too will do as you ask."

He does not say anything more, and simply returns to leaning on his sugliin and watching the others as the conversation proceeds, as he had been doing before his brief moment of speech.

Blackroot

First Post
"Excellent."

"Then the deal is made."
A sly grin spreads across his face as he reaches out to grab Lucrezia's hand and opens it. He places the package into her palm and closes her fingers around it.

[sblock=Lucrezia] You feel a shiver in your body as Warren closes his hands around yours. It isn't a sensation of good or evil, not even neutral. You notice his eyes lock into yours, it only lasts a moment but it feels like an eon. The deal has been made. It would be unwise to turn back now. He quickly pulls his hand off yours. [/sblock]

"...And before I forget, here is your map," He hands the parchment to Searcion, "And here's just a little something I've brewed up." He holds the small bottle out to Amarok.

"There's nothing more for you to do now but visit Mr. Blackroot. I trust you can tell which building he resides in."

"Oh, and I will contact you when I am in need of your, services." The Old Man finishes his statement, winks and turns around. He paces off into the pitch-black darkness that seemes to materialize as he passes through the alleyway. Within seconds the whole alley is completely dark and there is not trace of anyone passing through.

Remove ads