• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whispering Cairn - Bronzewood Lodge Group - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Dorain snaps out of it while Tac looks at the trigger to the trap.

"Darn this looks complex," the rogue says over the howl of the wind as it increases.

The two men look about to see that Karlous is now frozen in place by the colored lights.

[sblock=OOC] I rolled your saves for this round. You need to roll every round to get to perform an action. WD you can try something this round then it will be over and we go to the next. Roll your will save and if you succeed (DC 13) post up actions if not you are held.

quote - "Darn this looks complex." -end quote Means the DC to disable is 30.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
"I don't think I can disable th--" Tac's voice is cut off as his own muscles seize up from the magics of the trap.

OOC: I was afraid of that DC. Only way Tac could disable would be with a natural 20. Not a rogue-friendly module, this one. ;)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] You are in a tunnel open at one end and has the face covering the whole wall at the other. The wind is coming from the face and when it gets strong enough it will push you out the opening. Where you will enjoy a 50' drop to your death. :p

And thank you for flying Whispering Cairn airlines we hope you enjoyed your short life. [/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
Shaking off the dazing, Karolus strides into the wind, towards the face.

OOC: can I smash the source of the lights maybe? I'll roll perception to see if I can work out where to aim.

Ignore the third roll, i was just concerned by the two cries in a row- thought I might have keyed something in wrong in the roller.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: It took a normal Climb DC to get up here, didn't it? I think Tac did it with a 17? Why would it now be impossible to climb back down presuming we make saves vs. the spell? Especially since Tac still has a rope tied to his waist for the less-skilled climbers?

If it really is "roll a natural 20 to turn off the trap or take 50 feet of falling damage at 1st level," ... then I'm not quite sure how whomever wrote the module thought this was anything but a bloodbath. ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC:
It took a normal Climb DC to get up here, didn't it? I think Tac did it with a 17? Why would it now be impossible to climb back down presuming we make saves vs. the spell? ...

This was my line of thought and why I asked how we entered. The deadly drop is just the way we came in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads