The Witcher RPG to Debut At Gen Con!

R. Talsorian’s The Witcher Role-Playing Game is at the printers and will be available for sale at Gen Con in August. Announced back in 2015 the game is based on the highly popular Witcher computer game series by CD Projekt Red. If you can’t make Gen Con to grab a copy don’t fear, the PDF will be available at the same time, or shortly thereafter.

R. Talsorian have warned that Gen Con stock will be limited, as they are getting a rushed advanced shipment of the book for the show. So if you want a copy it’s probably advisable to head to their booth (#1752) as soon as possible, and certainly not wait until Sunday! Once the full print run has arrived in their warehouse the book will be available mail order as well as through distribution to stores worldwide.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game uses a version of R. Talsorians Fuzion system and is set between the Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 video games. We haven’t seen any previews of the game, but will certainly bring you more information if we see anything!

R. Talsorian are also planning on releasing their new updated version of Cyberpunk 2020, called Cyberpunk Red, at the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Gray1

First Post
Neat! Looking forward to seeing this when it hits stores. Curious to see how they will balance things out – If everyone has to play a Witcher or Mage, that’s pretty easy, but what happens when someone wants to play a Dandelion?

Classes/roles are listed as: bard, craftsman, criminal, doctor, mage, mercenary, merchant, priest, and witcher. Its set up with skill trees. Looking at past Cyberpunk, this means you might have some characters who should hang towards the back in a fight, but who will shine in other places. Witchers might specialize in combat against monsters, but the craftsman is the one who can pick apart a monster and make something from the bits for later (especially if they know alchemy), the bard or merchant might be the one to keep the local village from going full out mob mentality when they see someone in your party is an elf or a witcher, while the doctor heals folks up during and after a fight. That's at a guess.

That's a good point – for all the power they might have, there’s a huge amount of xenophobia, fear of the unknown, and racism in the world of the Witcher.

the bard or merchant might be the one to keep the local village from going full out mob mentality when they see someone in your party is an elf or a witcher,

I've always liked R. Talisorian games. The Cyberpunk CRPG from CD Projekt Red is coming (and looks great), a Witcher P&P RPG direct from RT... time for something in the Mekton line :)

Given the science fiction / anime basis of Cyberpunk and Mekton I'm curious to see the Witcher RPG. Most other Fuzion system games (and Interlock system games before that) have been anime / sci fi... except Artesia (can't remember the full title...) and I never picked that one up. So, interesting.

Still, Mekton Zeta remains my favorite with Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0 a close second. Maybe the Witcher RPG will stake out a spot there :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Is the idea that everybody plays a Witcher, but each is highly customizable?

From what was said at last years Gen Con seminar, NO.

Take this with a grain of salt as it is a year old and things may have changed in that time.

The game is about playing in the world of the Witcher and facing the day-to-day struggles. From what was said and I gathered, it did not come across as a adventure game but as political game and a game about your characters life path. Nothing was said about the Witcher schools and for the most part, Witchers have a CHR of 5 or less, just are not liked (that is why in the CRPG everyone is spitting at you).

As said, I am picking it up but not sure how I am going to like it.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Love the Witcher games and enjoyed the books. But it will need to have some unique mechanics to convince me to try it. With all the great TTRPG options out there and the limited time I have to play, it would have to be great system to get me to spend time on money on another sword & sorcery fantasy RPG.

76512390ag12

First Post
Witchers are not liked, but they are *needed*
The School is in decline, indeed the setting is in turmoil in a "D&D meets the Eastern Front" with as much emphasis on pogroms, partisans and cynical political betrayal as mass armies waging total war.
But the conceit of monster of the week still works just fine if you want to let the background fade away.

Fuzion had a brief time in the sun but Life got in the way. It's a merging of Cyberpunk Interlock and the Hero system and can be very light or quite crunchy.

It's roll high against difficulty value. It can be d10 or d6 driven. Don't know which one they have chosen.

Check out Artesia for a full bore fantasy version that feels like RQ with similar crunch.

Check out the Usagi Yojimbo before current for very light.

It's a fine system from the 2-3rd generations of RPGs pre indie sensibility. Not in the d20 tradition,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzion

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases