Themes

KarinsDad

Adventurer
For the moment, I am going to vote NO for the following reason. Themes are not yet in WotC Compendium and to my knowledge, not in Character Builder either.

The judges are toying with the idea of a better character sheet setup on the wiki and if material is not in the Character Builder, it makes it really hard to set up an easy way for people to build their PCs in CB and then have it approved by the judges.

So my general thought is that if any material doesn't show up in Character Builder (with the exception of the house rule Expertise), it just makes it harder for players to create the PC and for the judges to approve them, and overall we shouldn't allow it in LEB (the exception to this being material that is just in error in CB which should be corrected). It's not as if there are not thousands of feats, powers, items, rituals, backgrounds, etc. for the players to choose from already. Having a few more options from a theme isn't really necessary IMO.

The moment that themes are supported by the online Character Builder is the moment that I change my vote.

renau1g

First Post
FWIW, they're in the online CB, as of yesterday at least. The powers are in the Compendium, just not the whole theme

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Well, I'm still not sold on themes as a necessary, or even good, idea in the first place. But I don't feel strongly enough against them to say no, so yes.

renau1g

First Post
Oh and just to clarify, these themes are the ones from Dragon, not the Dark Sun ones, those are still not allowed....right?

Luinnar

First Post
Any chance the Darksun themes could get unbanned provided people re-skinn them to fit in Eberron? (I suppose that would require a different proposal?).

Remove ads