Thiefling names

WhatGravitas

Explorer
ProfessorCirno said:
And trench coats belong in three and ONLY three places: In an actual World War trench, accompanied with a fedora, or hiding a snub-nosed .38.
You're forgetting Columbo, my friend!

Cheers, LT.

mattdm

First Post
Some young tieflings, striving to find a place in the world, choose a name that signifies a concept and then try to embody the concept. For some, the chosen name is a noble quest. For others, it’s a grim destiny.

Modern Names: Art, Carrion, Chant, Despair, Fear, Gladness, Hope, Ideal, Music, Nowhere, Open, Poetry, Quest, Random, Reverence, Sorrow, Torment, Weary

Man, I would hate to have the guy attempting to "embody the concept" of "Chant" in my adventuring party. Okay, okay, we get it, you're chanting, now shut up already!

Doug McCrae

Legend
Byronic said:
Please, someone explain this to me. Is this an elaborate trick to get 14 year olds into the game?
Pretty much, yeah. They are emo. They are darque. They appeal to people who think vampires aren't evil, but football players are.

But if it leads to more hot goth chicks playing D&D then I have no problem with that.

Zurai

First Post
Call me crazy, but I don't see how Art, Chant, Gladness, Hope, Ideal, Music, Open, Poetry, Quest, Random, or Reverence are "emo" or "goth" names.

I also don't see how it's much different from Warforged names. Warforged were called things like Axe, Sword, Soldier, Forge, Six, Iron, and so on.

Vanuslux

Explorer
In the game I'm running, there are two tieflings...their names are Eris (warlock) and Toby (warlord). Neither are emo. But yeah, as far as how they're written in the PHB it does seem designed to try to appeal to gothlings.

To be honest, the only thing that really bugs me about them is 4e has made all tieflings look the same and have the same basic origin.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Real-life names from the U.S. Census of 2000:

Patience
Shiny
Turd
Unique
Sparkle
Chastity
Hope
Faith
Grace