• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Things every player character in Golarion should have an opinion on

Jvirtue55

First Post
So im currently working on converting the old 3.5 Eberron Character Development page from the deluxe character sheets to Golarion
There is a section that is called attitudes it asks for what your character thinks about certain things it says
What does your character think of "blank"? (fill in the blank with a specific place, nationality, race, class, religion, organization, event philosophy, monster or anything else you can think of. Some eberron specific ideas are given below)
There are thirty six things listed from arcane and divine spell casters to all the main races and locations and major people and religions and all kinds of things.
What I want to know is what you guys thing would be good ideas for the specific ideas list in relation to Golarion?
Thanks in advance

innerdude

Legend
The obvious ones to me would be:

• The demonic / abyssal governance of Cheliax. Is it dangerous to the Inner Sea to have a nation where its rulership is nothing more than figurehead puppets to truly evil forces? Or is it something to merely shrug about and say, "Doesn't affect me, so who cares?"
  • Whether the Worldwound is cause for serious concern. "Why haven't we put together a task force to take care of that already?"

Some of the lesser, but still relevant things, depending on your location might be:
  • Is the militant spreading of political ideals by Andoran a good thing?
  • What is "The Bleaching" anyway, and why are all of my gnome friends slightly crazy?
  • Why hasn't anyone managed to put an end to the Red Mantis?

Starfox

Hero
I think Golarion has been deliberately made so that the big picture doesn't matter too much. Each region has its own problems for heroes to deal with. Yes, the infernalists of Cheliax are a global threat in the long run. But the goblins living next door are a much more immediate threat. And we don't want adventurers from far away to go fight Cheliax once they have outleveled their local threats - it is much more interesting to have a story about fighting devils take place in Cheliax all the way.

Golarion is above all a place to play role-playing games in, to tell fun stories in. It is not primarily a simulation.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
While Golarion is more advanced than Earth thanks to Magic, not everybody has necessarily any clue about the big picture. There are no mass media, and books and rumors can be forged. Even local rulers and clergy and wizards probably have an incomplete picture. The PCs and the DM are the priviledged ones, because they know, precisely.

Jvirtue55

First Post
I don't expect characters to know something about everything of have opinions on most of these, they are just for ideas to help flesh out each players back ground and views on some things that are important to them. So I can try to use them in the story to give the characters even more buy in.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
What's with the pirates around the Eye, and when is anyone going to put a stop to their doings?
What are people like from beyond the familiar lands - likely every region has their own ideas how those people supposedly behave.
Is the PFS something good for the rest of the world, or are they just self-serving plunderers?
Is there something that could be done about the evil in Nidal?
Why does my bread always land on the buttered side?

Remove ads