• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Things to think about for upcoming upgrade

Bhryn

First Post
I do type /quit!

...and then NOTHING happens.

Because my chat screen doesn't show the stupid space after it.

It's something to definitely think about fixing - the space after the command.

...until then - I have to resort to closing the entire webpage. Useless.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
You can also "quit" by clicking the 'X' in the top right corner of the chat program, that will log you out of the chat automatcially.

Bhryn

First Post
*whiiiiiiines*

...bah - I'll just go about it the old fashioned, closing the window, long way round then.

...gosh it's cold today.

maciver

First Post
Magi_Gabriel said:
1) /roll command

Assuming I can work out the ActionScript in time then the upgrade will dispense with the cute dice and include a command where you can simply /roll your dice and it will come up in a unique manner that will hopefully reduce concerns about people faking rolls with the emote command.

Sound good?

I think this is a great idea. Personally, I try to stay out of major conflicts, but when they do occur, it's nice to have a way to legitimize an action.

Magi_Gabriel said:
2) Sidebar icons

Currently only admins can have icons next to their names, this is both to help distinguish us without making titles necessary but to also because the only way to enable it for general users at this time is to enable Smilies. I'll try to elminate the smilie parsing code from the chat so as to speed things up and reduce this problem, however I would like to know are people willing to suffer the possibility of people using smilies inappropriately in order to have access to a modest range of icons (male, female, !, etc)

My personal opinion on this is to limit it to distinguish male/female only... no flashy or artsy icons unless there are some to denote a class. But I get kinda annoyed (personal pet peeve is all) at the flashing or absolutely non-related smilie/icons.

Magi_Gabriel said:
3) Profile pages

We started discussing this on Unlikely Heroes, but may as well pick it up again here, what kinda information do people want displayed on their profile pages and what kind of information do the not want displayed?

Something like Race, class, weight, height, eye colour, hair colour, and description... with the option of visible email, messenger SNs, etc.

Magi_Gabriel said:
4) Background

I'm currently looking at making a plain, no frills EN World Skin that will serve as the default skin. Both making it resource friendly skin and matching it to the web site. Do people want any decoration on this skin or would they prefer it simply be simple with no background image?

I vote for plain... I like the blue currently used and really don't mind the little swash in there. It's subtle enough. I fear design will muddle it up.

Stephanie

First Post
hmmm

well on the /roll command i think its a very good idea........i like the idea of the smiley icons but to a certain extent if its an unrelated design at least have it so that way it doesnt flash or move cuz that gets really annoying seeing an icon flashing..........i say yes to the pics but have a separate command thingy either at the bottom or when you click on the persons name to see the char pic that way its optional if you wanna see a pic or not..........i say plain background and also a suggestion is limit the colors that people can change their text color to, it gets frustrating when someone changes their text color to blue its near to impossible to read especially if you have very bad eyesight to begin with

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
I have been hearing recently alot of comments (read complaints) about the system timing out on them. Even if they are frequently contributing to a conversation or RP, after a while they'll get a "connection expired" notice. It seems to be a random length of time from my own experience with it. Perhaps we can do something about this in the upgrade?

Nash

Imreis

First Post
question! the weather link thing, its been the same weather for about well a month now it seems. so ive been going off what weather it is for me to make it fun untill it can be figured out.

on the background issue, can we please have something other then the current shade of blue. it makes all reds impossible to read along with most bright colours. ive been told to set it all to my colour but thats no fun! i know i pick text colour to suit that character in general, like a personality thing. with a last comment to text, i think it would be neat to have a set basic colour for actions, sorta like Wiz did. let us speak in a chossen font but actions be in a seperate again. that may be intersting.

pictures issue, hmm, well i do love to see a picture of someones dessy but i agree with the if you want one, post it on your own site, it does kill my poor dial-up to load it along with the bombardment of text, and flood of PMs you occasionally get.

and my last comment/suggestion. Magi, when i get on there is almost never even one on. and alot of stupid stuff happens that you cant let anyone of power know what is going on. i know other people need sleep and all, but what about handing out mionr titles to those who would be good at it, who know the rules and are willing to inforce them? i would definatly permote that idea. let them have a few minor booting capabilites or something so that the issues may be delt with.

Remove ads