• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is Bazaar: Dungeon Adventure

Badger

First Post
Marcus

Seeing that his spell did not work as he had planned, Marcus swore softly under his breath. Looking at their painted faces, Marcus racked his brain trying to recall anything he could about the design. While he was far from a constable, his uncle did business with the guard on a regular basis, and Marcus had heard his fair share of gossip and thoughts while in the shop working.

While his mind processed the information, Marcus readied his crossbow and looked around the area to see if more brigands lurked in the shadows around them.

While looking around and loading the crossbow, Marcus startles when another stranger arrived on the scene and asked what was going on.

"We heard this man cry for help and saw these men beating him when we arrived..."

Gesturing with the crossbow as he raised it, Marcus hopes he is not turning his back on a potential threat as well.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"I am not overly familiar with big city ways, but beating a man in an alley seems inappropriate. I suggest we take this matter to a constable."

Poto dismounts, & crouches beside his snarling mount, his sickle & shield ready.

Festy_Dog

First Post
"We heard this man cry for help and saw these men beating him when we arrived..."

"Well ye look capable, how about we fix this up?" he asks Marcus.

He doesn't wait for a reply though as he draws his waraxe and shield.

"Oi! Thugs! Time fer a taste of Heironeous' righteous might!" he yells and charges the nearest one.

Last edited:

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Ian moves beside the Gnome and his Dog.

The robbed figure scrambles to the safety of the party.

Marcus racks his brain trying to remember anything he may have heard of people with painted faces, anything he may have overheard from his fathers conversations, but anything he may have thought left his mind when he spotted a figure, hiding in the shadows, stuck to the side of the alley wall, near the roof of the south building. 15 feet overhead. A figure dressed all in black, with a painted face similar to the thugs you now encounter.

Poto Dismounts and readies his weapon.

Griswald charges his way, somehow avoiding the gnome and his dog, to the nearest thug. He was ready for the dwarf, however, and tried to attack before the dwarf got a chance to hit him. The Thug's blade only glanced off the dwarf's sturdy shield, unfortunatly, and left him wide open for the dwarf's attack. It did not miss and the Thug's cries of pain filled the alley. (Rolled an 11 that hit for 9 points of damage)

The other thugs back away slowly, looking at each other nervously, but have their weapons ready to use. The wounded Thug looks back to his companions, "Hey! Where you goin'? Back me up!"

Actions?

Attachments

• cauldron_03.gif
    cauldron_03.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

ErichDragon

First Post
Ian

Ian nods to the retreating Thugs. "If it was up to me I'd let you lads go 'bout your merry way, but the boys 'ave been drinkin'..." Ian holds up his fists, "And they're not as forgivin' as meself."

Ian charges the Thug in K2 if possible, if not he just moves up and attacks with his fists.

Badger

First Post
Threat Above- Marcus

Seeing a fourth thug lurking in the shadows and watching from the wall, Marcus calls out to his companions.

"These three are not alone, they have a watcher on the wall..."

Taking a careful aim with his crossbow, Marcus calls out to the watcher.

"I will give you but one chance to leave while you can. Your ruffians will not last long, and then we shall have to come to you for answers..."

Waiting to see the reaction from his threat, Marcus kept the crossbow raised, but allowed his eyes to roam from the wall to the thugs in the alley.

~ Whoever flinches first will have a bolt with their name on it...~

Festy_Dog

First Post
Before Griswald attacks again he yells at his opponent.

"Yield, and I shall smite thee no more!" he says, anxious to start laying the smack down on other opponents.

Should the thug continue fighting Griswald will as well, but if he gives up Griswald will charge into the other group yelling a religious warcry.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Re: Ian

ErichDragon said:

Ian charges the Thug in K2 if possible, if not he just moves up and attacks with his fists.

Just for clarification, the Thugs have Short Swords drawn, Attacking K2 will allow not only the first thug to get an AoO on you (For passing his threatened area) but also an AoO from the Thug you intend to attack (attacking an armed opponent unarmed without improved unarmed atack).

DO you really want to do this?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads