• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This is Bazaar: Dungeon Adventure

Manzanita

First Post
"I too, will accompany you," says Poto. "But let us first converse with the guard & with these brigands to see if we can determine who hired them, for your long term safety depends upon finding out who is behind this."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Aye!" Griswald says, "I like the gnome's idea. Let's get some information on the lowly being who ordered an attack on a priest."

He turns back to the thug whose wounds he is tending to.

"What can ye and ya friends tell us?" he barks at him.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
"I'll tell you nothing!" SAys the leader of the thugs.

"Nilas? A stunned question comes from a city guardsman, "Nilas Varkazi? Hylum Ferant?" The guard looking at the second thug, and then the third, Kerlen! WHAT, BY THE HELLS, IS GOING ON!!? You're attacking a priest? Dressed as members of the Last Laugh?"

It's then when a little memory snaps in Marcus' head. The Thugs are dressed in the manner of a local thieves guild: The Last Laugh.

"We weren't going to kill him! Just scare him!" Remarks a now very nervous Nilas, That's all she wanted 'send a clear message' that's what she said! Jill, her name was Jil. We don't know why, we didn't ask."

"That's it, I've heard enough."The guard says, "You're under arrest for assult, take them away! You, priest, better be on your way."

Unless anyone else has questions for the guards they leave the alley, but it's clear the thugs really didn't know much more than what was already said.

Actions?

ErichDragon

First Post
Ian

"Well that was a tidy piece of business. Let's get you home then Father. Say, you wouldn't happen to have an empty cot in your vestry or some such would you? It seems I haverecently found meself bereft of lodgings."

Manzanita

First Post
Poto Knezer

"Father, I will also acompany you home. This mystery perhaps needs more attention. What were the children Jil was referring to? I too have no place to stay, Ian. Perhaps if the Father can't put us up, we'll find someplace else together."

Badger

First Post
Guardsmen working for the thieves' guild...thieves telling priests to stay away from orphaned children...what does it all mean?

"I will go as well Father, and if lodging does become an issue, I could speak to my uncle about renting the room above the loft at the tannery. If the smell of curing hides is not too unpleasant of one for you both."

Slinging his crossbow across his shoulders once more, Marcus took one last look up to the roof where the watcher had escaped and then waited for the father to lead them to the temple.

Last edited:

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Ruphus Laro

Talking as you walk,

"I thank you all. AS for the thugs, as I said, I thought they were mugging me. I have no clue as to why they would want us to stop our investigation. You see, four children vanished from the Lantern street orphanage, and the church put it upon itself to investigate. As for lodings, I'm sure Jenya can find whatever you need."

It is then you reach the church of St. Cuthbert. Its a two-story building of white marble that is in stark contrast to the buildings of black stone that line the street of Obsidian Avenue. A pair of statues of Armored knights guard an oak door. In the stone above the door is carved "WITHIN LAW LIVES HOPE"

Once inside another acolytes greets Rupus and they talk a bit after which he addresses you again. "I must make my report to Jenya, please make yourself comfortable, Hent will bring some tea. I am sure after I am finished, Jenya will wish to talk with you."

You wait for a bit.

THen two figures apporach from the general direction Ruphus left. A young woman with premature streaks of grey in her brown hair steps forward and offers her hand. Around her neck is the symbol of St. Cuthbert. "Good evening. I have spoken to Ruphus and learned of his harrowing ordeal, as well as your remarkable heroism. I'm Jenya, the acting high priest. I am in your debt. I would offer food and shelter to those who need it, and a proposal for all to consider. I would like you to help us in continuing our investigation of the missing children. Can I count on your help?"

Badger

First Post
The meeting - Marcus

Standing as the two clerics return, Marcus shakes the female's hand and is not surprised by the strength of her grip.

"While I do wish we could have met under better circumstances, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Priestess Jenya. Father Ruphus has told us little, but from what he has said, perhaps I can offer some help to your troubles.

Realizing that he has not allowed the others a chance to speak, Marcus stops and looks towards the others.

"Sorry about that, I tend to ramble when my curiousity has been raised."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Aye, I be Griswald, Paladin of Heironeous, and it is a pleasure to meet ya. Any way I can assist in making things right in the world I'll gladly be takin' a part in," he says eagerly while shaking the priestess' hand.

Manzanita

First Post
"Truly the future of this world rests with two things, our children & our natural environment. I have a deep interest in preserving & protecting both. If vile forces threaten these orphans, I will eagerly assist in stopping them."

"I am Poto Knezer, Druid of Ehlonna, at your service."

He bows low.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads