This is Goodbye.

ElectricDragon

Explorer
I am sorry that I will not be able to finish my threads: "Elder Dragons" and "Pages from the Royal Chef's Cookbook"; but I was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and given 1-2 months to live. I will miss you all and hope to recover and beat this thing; but I have to prepare for the worst. For those that want more of my content, you can find some on DriveThruRPG. I hereby give permission to Enworld to reprint my Enworld books as wanted or needed. There are a total of 13 books or short works, but most are no longer available on DriveThruRPG. If anyone wants a personal copy, email me (soon) and I will try to send you what you ask for. All the stuff I write is for 3.5e D&D, but most could be easily adapted to 5e.

Good luck and God Bless
David Sanders (ElectricDragon)

I just stumbled upon this.

No one has posted because no one knows how to respond to this. So I'll start.

I don't know you. But given that you're preparing for the worst, please know this and carry it with you in your battle. Whether you prevail or not, you mattered. Your life mattered. It meant something. And it meant something to way more people than you could know. And it meant a lot to a certain few.

I hope you win.

Richards

Legend
David,

I'm so sorry to hear this, but take comfort in the knowledge that people have often beaten the odds and lived for much, much longer than the doctors have predicted. I'll pray that you'll be one of them.

Best of luck - you've got an entire "EN World family" here pulling for you!

Johnathan

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As someone who lives with leukaemia and has a number of family who live with cancer and all that entails, all I want to say is stay positive and do what is good for you and your family - its the emotional and social support of friends and family that matters most...

I don't know quite how to respond. I won't bother with trying to be optimistic and unrealistic about your chances. This is just one of those moments where no matter how hard you fight, sometimes the game is up and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. But I hope that you know that you've made a real differences in the lives of many many people. For one, you've made a valuable contribution to a hobby we all cherish, and you've probably contributed to the lives of many others in ways we don't even know of. I salute you for being brave enough to share something so hard on a forum with dozens of complete strangers. And I give you an extra salute for using what little time you may have left to make sure that your legacy is in good hands.

I hope you beat this thing against all odds, but if not, you will be missed by many.

ElectricDragon

Explorer
Thank you all for your blessings; I take them to heart. My thought as a thank you is to drop some of the shorter works that are no longer available on this thread. These were all published by Clockwork Golem Workshop and are based on Dragon Magazine's: "Pages from the Mages."

Attachments

• Raison D'Etra.PDF
    985 KB · Views: 191
  • Wayryth's Lexicon of Walls.PDF
    552 KB · Views: 185
  • Mark of Light.pdf
    444.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Codex of Sylvan Warfare.pdf
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 210

Remove ads