D&D 5E This spell + this spell equals _____

William Hola

Villager
Hello people! This is a brainstorming/sharing message! I would like each of you to come up with an awesome spell combo and explain what it will do. This can be something that you theorized or something you do often in D&D!

Flesh to Stone + Transmute Rock – Is that huge dragon blocking your way? No problemo. I will just petrify it and turn it into a pile of mud.

Let us start thinking!

William Hola

Villager
Ever found that your sacks did not hold enough from that huge dragon hoard? Maybe you could only grab 5000 GP? Well that is no longer a problem!

Fabricate + Animate Object - Just grab a broom, sweep all the beautiful gold together and turn it into a block that weighs a ton (literally)! You cant carry that much? Just animate that block of gold and put it into something like a portable hole. There you go, and easy 75K GP worth of gold.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Hold Person + Tongues + Move Earth = Swift Quiver .......uhm.....

Gust + Stinking Cloud = Banishment

Awaken + Sleep = Existential Quandary?

rgoodbb

Adventurer
Mage Hand, Minor Illusion and Prestidigitation. two or three together are a powerful combo. As a player I have:

• Cast Mage Hand within a sack. Have it move around, looks like a creature. Add a little deception with an exhale out of the sack that smelled like bile (prestidigitation), Dimensional Plague Hound that will kill everything.
  • Cast Mage hand on someones back and add Minor Illusion to make it look like an exotic spider Bluff away...
  • Cast Prestidigitation to make three red dots on someone's chest. Add a little sizzling sound with Minor Illusion and ..."You have three mage snipers trained on you right now. Do as I say and you will live...

Powerful combo's only limited to your imagination.

Volund

Explorer
The Slow Cooker = Hold Person + Wall of Fire

I have used this in games. Caster 1 lands the Hold spell. Caster 2 sets up Wall of Fire with an inward facing ring of fire. The victim autofails it's Dex save when the wall goes up, and so long as the Hold lasts, it takes 5d8 fire damage each turn. Granted it's not the most efficient use of 2 casters maintaining concentration, but it is a fun way to finish off a nemesis NPC. Even more fun if you can have someone else place a Moonbeam on the held person prior to the wall going up.

Remove ads