• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

This week in my game – the Dungeon of Avalon, Nazi vampires, and hailing to the king

Agent Oracle

First Post
I hereby award this shiny trophy to RangerWickett, for exemplary game mastery and genuine fun at the table.

trophy20copy.th.jpg

genshou

First Post
Gaaah! The spoilers! The SPOILERS!
107.gif

I like your Story Hour too much to read any of this, but maybe someday after you finish with updating the SH, I'll look back on this thread and plow into a parked car.

Doctor DM

First Post
This is unbelievable. I read this after reading the thread on your "end of the world" since that was so amazing, and I have to say, your games sound like the coolest things ever.

Not only do you appear to be a god of a DM with fantastical ideas, but you're players are just *@#&ing AWESOME! I'd love to hear more about your campaigns, do you have anything else like this posted?

If WotBS is anything like this or your other game, I might just have to buy it...

Heathansson

First Post
I played with some guys who did the same thing with the npc's and pc's....
We fought Kristen Kreuk as a necromancer,
Some bondage guys based on Kirk, Spock, and McCoy...the Kirk had a ring of regeneration....not on a finger....and kept coming back
And the DM always made this one characters' combat senseis based on Patrick Stewart's character in Dune.
I played Sam L. Jackson, The Big Red-Headed Angus guy from Braveheart, a wizard based on Gilbert Godfried, and another wizard based on Dolomite the human tornado; he had to make all his spells rhyme.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
RangerWickett, I'm moving to wherever you live. It's about time I found a DM with the same ridiculously quirky sense of humour/DMing style as myself. :p

I ran a d20 Fantasy/Modern/Future campaign where I encouraged all the PCs (and designed my important NPCs) to describe their character with a movie star in mind. My whole gaming group was composed of a "Younger" Alan Rickman as a Tech Mage (who eventually ended up with a Mega-Man style arm cannon), Brad Pitt (as seen in "Seven") as a "cowboy" in the style of John Wayne, and Angelina Jolie as a half-vampire monster hunter/Buffy-type. (I swear, the pairing of "Brangelina" was pure coincindence and happened before the "Mr. and Mrs. Smith movie" and their actual relationship).

The "supporting cast" included a Sean Connery as the "DM mouthpiece" Aasimar father figure to the Jolie character, Vanessa Marcil as a "wild child" Wiccan priestess, Jeff Hardy (of WWE fame) as her boyfriend and 2nd-in-command of an NPC merc street gang, Gewn Stefani as Connery's estranged daughter-come-environmental "activist"...

... and my personal favourite: Religious Youth "Cult" Leader/Recruiter - Clay Aiken. I asked the group: "Could you see Clay Aiken as a sweet-talking Cult recruiter with a golden voice for singing hymns and his pleasant Southern accent?" Many cheers abounded, and I think one of my players actually applauded. Dan Devine and his Holy Rollers, they were called.

I would love to share the highlights of my story some day when I have the time. *LOL*

Remove ads