Thrall and Cohort Build

Infinite_Kydeem

First Post
Home much freedom would you give a PC in specifying his leadership cohort or thrall (psionic or arcane)?

I've got a player that wants a Thri-Kreen Fighter/Bard progressing toward Dragon Disciple that is specializing in attacking with all those claws. Does that seem a bit over the top to you?

Li Shenron

Legend
If it was a normal PC, would you have anything against a "Thri-Kreen Fighter/Bard progressing toward Dragon Disciple that is specializing in attacking with all those claws"?

That's what really matters. (Besides of course that the cohort falls within the boundaries of the Leadership feat... ) So if you have thri-kreens and bards and dragon disciples in your campaign, and if the combination is allowed, and if such creatures possibly befriend humans (or whatever race the PC is), and nothing else about the setting comes to your mind, then I think it's fair to allow it.

Archade

Azer Paladin
Here's what I implemented. Keep in mind that Power of Faerun had an interesting mini-chapter on Leadership and Leadership checks (1d20+Lvl+Cha mod+cohort mods)

If the PC wants a bland cohort (fighter 6, fighter 3/rogue 3, etc), they can have it. The DM picks the initial feats and skill points, the PC chooses race and class.

If the PC wants a strange cohort (fighter 5/kensai 1, githzerai monk 4, a griffon, etc) or wants to choose the skills and feats, I require an extra 1d6 days of downtime to find the PC, and to make a Leadership check of DC 25-35 (depending how rare the prestige class or special cohort is to the area). If they fail, they are welcome to try again.

I do the same for strange or special followers the PC wants.

Problem solved!

Remove ads