Thread Not Found (Unless I Log Out)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Seriously? That's unfortunate.

@darjr is, if I recall correctly, the person who tweaks the site code when things like this happen. Hopefully there'll be an update soon.
Hopefully that's the case. Morrus said this to me yesterday, though. First is my question to him. Then his response to me.

Has the issue with not being able to see threads started by folks that have us on ignore been identified? I'd love to get back into a few of those discussions.

You want honesty? It’s not my priority to improve the lot of people who have alienated so many that the privacy functions are affecting their use of the site. I’ll take a look at some point when and if I have time, but it’s right at the bottom of a long list.

That sounds like Morrus does it and he's effectively never going to do it since he's super busy with the various aspects of his business.

CapnZapp

Legend
Morris can't be expected to instantly react to every little change that comes from general Xenforo updates.

The time when EN World aspired to service their own customized forum software is well and truly over.

Just because something is low priority does not mean never.

Besides, this should not be Morrus problem. I suggest he and the site simply wait and hope the issue fixes itself on the next Xenforo update. (Assuming this really is accidental and not a manual change of the privacy controls)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Morris can't be expected to instantly react to every little change that comes from general Xenforo updates.

The time when EN World aspired to service their own customized forum software is well and truly over.

Besides, this should not be Morrus problem. I suggest he and the site simply wait and hope the issue fixes itself on the next Xenforo update. (Assuming this really is accidental and not a manual change of the privacy controls)
Nobody was expecting him to jump at the snap of our fingers and fix it. I simply asked for an update. His response was when and IF he had time. That "if" and him stressing how low of a priority and how little he cares, coupled with how busy he is, means that effectively he won't be getting around to it.

Hopefully @darjr is the one that deals with this and will do it. I for one don't place a lot of stock In issues fixing themselves.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog

Just making sure, but you do realize anyone that you have on block or ignore, that you cannot see their threads now either?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
What I'd really like to see (but likely won't unless Xenforo decides to implement it) is a "blocked content" notification in place of whatever it is I can't otherwise see; if only to put some otherwise very bizarre-looking posts into context.

Remove ads