First Post
Adventure (Tiggle's Orders)

-Location west road out of Orussus
..-Small patches of woods an hours walk away
..-Cliff face a day’s walk away, some 20ft up is a ledge with exotic berries

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
The above adventure was abondoned and implied the loss of Tiggle if only temporarly due to computer problems, the loss seems to have been permanet as Tiggle's player has been gone for quite some time

El Jefe

First Post
(Legend) The Elemental Towers Arcane

This starts with Creamsteak's description of the towers:

The world sphere, covered with oceans, mountain, swamps, forests, and the wind itself is permeated by magic. Obviously this magic fuels many divine and arcane powers alike, but while one power comes from the outer, the other comes from the inner. Where Druids gather their energy from nature and it's inner strength, and Clerics draw their powers from the gods and planes of existence abound the multiverse, many of the powers arcane are routed in the Elemental Towers Arcane.

There are six towers, perfectly positioned in geometric certainty. They represent Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Positive, and Negative energies. The postive and negative energy towers form in line perfectly with the planets 'axis'. The world turns around thee two towers in a way. At 90 degrees to each other, the four other elemental towers are placed. At certain regular intervals, sometimes hundreds of years in difference, the towers experience celestial events that often coincide with significant happenings around the world.

Although these towers have been purged by many different sorts of life and death, there is no knowledge of just how deep into the earth they go. Perhaps down to the core of the planet itself. At the top of each tower is a shard of an ancient gem brought to this planet from the outermost edges of conceivable existence. These forces fuel many of the elements as they are seen on the world sphere. Each gem has successfully warded itself against ages of experiments, greed, and control. Each one of these artifacts has managed to protect itself, or be protected, by hundreds of different people in kind over the millennia.

It is believed that many have tried to destroy the towers as well. Such efforts, obviously, have been useless, but marks and scars around the grounds surrounding the towers leave ponderances of what would cause such a massive movement against something that provides such a fundamental power to the world. Perhaps they knew something that has long since been forgotten, but it is also possible that they were attempting to destroy the world.

At times, during earlier civilizations now burnt to the ground, cities sprang up around the towers. These cities used the force of the gems proximity to fuel their own desires. These cities were eventually left with no name, and little memory of their existence. Stories have come and gone, leaving many to believe that the towers themselves, while necessary and helpful, are curses to those that use it. It has become tradition, however, among many guilds and cabals of mages that one who has reached the pinnacle of their craft must seek out the towers, in a form of pilgrimage. Whatever happens on these trips is often unknown, many are killed, stripped of their power, or otherwise left inept by their own actions. Sometimes they just quit, which has more often than not resulted in a much healthier future.

Another story tells that the shards are in fact the remnants of six golems crafted by one fantastic god, or godlike arcanist, that were shattered by all other gods in a sundering event that broke the world, and destroyed the old gods. Very few support this belief, however, except perhaps the occational fanatic or cult.

Yet another sect of devout have claims that the towers were at one time part of an ancient and powerful vessel, that traveled between the many stars on a journey of knowledge. The people, at some point, decided to settle down, and so they formed a planet and chose a star to rest it around. They used their ship, the towers arcane, as the structure to support their fanatical development. Many who believe this also believe that the creators of their world are in fact somewhere inside the towers, dormant.

Make of it what you will, there are theories abound over the many ages about why and how these towers exist. It has been a question for a great amount of time, and will likely remain as such. Almost anyone knows of the towers, but very few know anything definite. Let them sit there, or knock them down if you can, but whatever may happen, the results are unknown.

There is also this, later in the thread:

• The sun only passes directly over the towers on a special date (such as an equinox).

El Jefe

First Post
(Legend) The Tale of the Darksoul

There is no place-related information in this thread, although that might not be apparent at first glance.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
El Jefe said:
Re: Tale of the Darksoul
There is no place-related information in this thread, although that might not be apparent at first glance.

Hrm... there really isn't any place-related info in that. Though there are locations, nothing is really specific... and anything mentioned would probably be in the Negative/Fire region.

El Jefe

First Post
(Announcement) The First City Has a Name!

There is only one bit of place information in this thread, but it's a pretty fundamental one.
  • The Red Dragon Inn is located in the city of Orussus.
I'll, uh, try to find a less obvious location fact for my next post in this thread.

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
There is only one bit of place information in this thread, but it's a pretty fundamental one.
  • The Red Dragon Inn is located in the city of Orussus.
I'll, uh, try to find a less obvious location fact for my next post in this thread.
Thank you Captain Obvious! :)

BTW, Oirhandir twisted Hellen's motives quite nicely. I had trouble regaining my composure from that.

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
BTW, Oirhandir twisted Hellen's motives quite nicely. I had trouble regaining my composure from that.
I really don't know what to say.

Oirhandir doesn't know what to say, either.

And I never expected to be typing that about him. Worse luck with the ladies than Fang and completely tongue-tied on the same day!

Remove ads