• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Three quick questions that came up this weekend.

borc killer

First Post
Can you smite while raging? The gnomish Barbarian/Devine Champion was trying to… I let it go but wanted to ask.

Can you use two meta magic rods on the same spell? One “rod” is in ring from (quickening) and the other is a rod of empowering. I let her do it but it seemed a bit too powerful.

Can you overrun a hovering/flying mob? I think he was using improved overrun on a medium size dragon that was hovering. He failed in the attempt so had no effect on the game one way or another

mr_outsidevoice

First Post
borc killer said:
Can you smite while raging? The gnomish Barbarian/Devine Champion was trying to… I let it go but wanted to ask.

As I understand things, yes.

Can you use two meta magic rods on the same spell? One “rod” is in ring from (quickening) and the other is a rod of empowering. I let her do it but it seemed a bit too powerful.

It isn't clear, but I would rule no in my game.

Can you overrun a hovering/flying mob? I think he was using improved overrun on a medium size dragon that was hovering. He failed in the attempt so had no effect on the game one way or another

Overrunning to get past a blocking creature, even if it is flying/hovering I can see. Knocking them on their butt, not so much. Unless you want to rule that the flying/hovering creature needs a Move action to recover its bearings, but I would give it a +4 circumstance to prevent that.

werk

First Post
borc killer said:

From the description of metamagic rods: "A caster may only use one metamagic rod on any given spell,..."

werk

First Post
borc killer said:
Thanks

<--- have no books on me ; )

No prob, that was the only one I could give a definitive answer.

I'd let them smite while raging, can't find a reason not to.
I'd let him overrun a hovering enemy since they are basically in the same area as if they were standing...I might give a bonus, since it's hovering/easy to push down and step on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads