Throwing your buddy with Mighty Throw [Bo9S]

In a campaign a couple years ago I had a Kobold monk PC who wanted to be thrown on a fairly regular basis... so we came up with some rules to cover the process that made sense...at least to us.

It posted over in the HR forum here

MithrasRahl

First Post
I think the idea of using a trip attempt to throw someone is kinda of like a judo throw - they work best when the person is resisting, and you can guide their momentum to throw them.

If im trying to judo throw someone who is just being limp and standing there, I'm not going to throw him as far.

What I would probably rule is that the person make a jump or tumble check with an undetermined DC to not give penalties to the trip throw, and then make the trip throw person beat a fixed DC

Patlin

Explorer
I dunno, I can throw a cooperative partener pretty far with the right Judo throw. I'd say slightly farther than an uncooperative one, but with a lot more reliability. Assuming, of course, they know how to be cooperative... limp isn't cooperative, in my experience.

MithrasRahl

First Post
Oh, I agree completely, hence the option to roll either Jump or Tumble. I figure if they can't do either of those, they're probably not coordinated/experienced enough to know how to lean, etc

Remove ads