Pathfinder 1E Thunderscape: The World of Aden - Now available for sale!

Shawn Carman

Explorer
A World of Steam and Darkness!

In Aden, a thousand-year Golden Age of prosperity gave rise to an unprecedented development: the fusion of magic and technology into a unique discipline called mechamagic. Arcane power, steam power, and gundpowder changed the world almost overnight. The Golden Age ended, and the Age of Thunder began. It seemed there would be no limit to the industry and ingenuity of man.

Until the Darkfall.

A supernatural cataclysm of unknown origin, the Darkfall plunged the world into darkness as the sun was blotted out for only a moment. In that moment, every nightmare and horror imagined byt he people of Aden sprang into existence, and the world was thrown into chaos. Villages were wiped from the face of the world, entire cities burned, and tens of thousands perished in an instant. It seemed that the world would die in flames.

But Aden will not die so easily.

Now, ten years later, the people of Aden struggle to survive in the face of unrelenting assault by horrors beyond imagining. It is a world of magic, a world of industry, a world of horror.

It is the world of Aden.

Thunderscape: the World of Aden is a setting and mechanics sourcebook compaitble with the Pathfinder Role-Playing Game. Within the pages of this book you will find the following:

•Details on twelve different races of Aden, eight of which are new to this work!
•Nine base classes heavily integrated into the setting but portable to all manner of campaigns, from the golem-commanding mechamage to the legend-summoning thaumaturge!
•New traits and feats, and new uses for existing skills!
•New spells, new technology, and new magic items!
•A sample bestiary of eleven creatures from Aden!
•And much, much more!

We are pleased to announce that Thunderscape: the World of Aden, a settings and mechanics sourcebook for the Pathfinder RPG, is available for sale at DriveThruRPG!

Funded by Kickstarter, this is just our first release and will be followed with robust selection of products to expand and support the ability of GMs and players to enjoy every aspect of the world of Aden! Hardcopies will be available via pre-order at your friendly local gaming store, supplied to distributors by Studio 2 Publishing.

We hope that you will check out what we have to offer and agree that the world of Aden is a pretty great place to hang your hat! You can see lots of previews and designer columns at the following locations:
Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1860935013/thunderscape-the-world-of-aden
Company Homepage: http://www.kyoudai-games.com/aden

Thank you!

Shawn Carman

Explorer
We were on the ENworld front page yesterday and experienced a bit of a sales bump, so hopefully some of you took the opportunity to check us out. I'd really love to hear what you think! Praise is nice, but constructive criticism is good too!

Here's what one customer said about us over on RPG.net, for instance:

Picked it up-- haven't read the whole thing yet, but so far nice, flavorful, the character classes fit in without making it impossible to use conventional characters, and the setting is attractive. I myself would have appreciated more modern style weapons (there's a lot of steampunk with early 19th century weapons, and future stuff but very little in the 1930s-40s era) but that's a quibble as the setting never claimed it would have those.

One of the biggest advantages is the aforementioned compatibility-- there is very little or nothing that I saw that couldn't be dumped right into a regular PF campaign, so the book is something you'll want to get even if you don't intend to play in Aden.

Can't give a detailed review, but let's say it was the most expensive PDF I've bought in some time and I feel I got my money's worth.

What do you think? Agree/disagree?

Remove ads