D&D 5E "Tiefling" as a feat?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The alternate multiclassing in Pathfinder Unchained was based on feats, and you had to take one at first level. One of the options was sorcerer which comes with a bloodline (like infernal). The abilities that go with it don't come until the later feats you get every four levels or so.

Sorcerer
A character who chooses sorcerer as her secondary class gains the following secondary class features.

Bloodline: At 1st level, she must select a sorcerer bloodline. She treats her character level as her effective sorcerer level for all bloodline powers.

Bloodline Power: At 3rd level, she gains her bloodline's 1st-level bloodline power.

Improved Bloodline Power: At 7th level, she gains her bloodline's 3rd-level bloodline power

Blood Feat: At 11th level, she gains one of her bloodline's feats or Eschew Materials.

Greater Bloodline Power: At 15th level, she gains her bloodline's 9th-level bloodline power.

True Bloodline Power: At 19th level, she gains her bloodline's 15th-level bloodline power.

Stalker0

Legend
So if we strip out the features of the race that seem most "iconic", I think we can boil it down to 2 areas.

1) Resistance to Fire
2) Ability to cast Thamateurgy or Hellish Rebuke (aka somekind of innate devilish power).

Darkvision is so common and so generic I don't think we need to include that in the racial package. Honestly Thaumaturgy from a power perspective is fine, its more fluff than anything. So it comes down to....are you okay with fire resistance as a Feat? That's a damn strong ability....but it is a feat they are supposed to be special.

So with that in mind, we get:

Hellish Legacy
Requirement: Cha 12+

1) You gain use of the Thamateurgy cantrip
2) You have resistance to fire

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It would be a one off situation for me, so I'd just tailor it to the situation when it came up. I would not make rules in advance for it.
Yeah, or even just consider the tiefling thing to be purely character background. Wonderful roleplay opportunity, but no need to have any game mechanic connected to it.

Not everything a character is or does needs to have game mechanics for it. You can always just "be" it.

Remove ads