• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tieflings

1of3

Explorer
Zinovia said:
The use of "Tieflos" as a prominent leader of the people who originally made the demonic pact that formed the tieflings is also is a great concept.

ROFL. You know, Tieflings are guys from the deep. That one is "deep-less". A rather shallow person maybe.

SaffroN

First Post
I have absolutely nothing against the name Tiefling.

Its the name of the 'human' race that i don't like. Seriously, how boring can you get. they should be called something interesting, like humanborn or manlings.

VannATLC

First Post
Please don't bring to the thread something that isn't there. Thanks - Plane Sailing

I dunno.. I like it, I like them, though like somebody else, the first thing I thought of, when I saw the picture, was Draenai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dausuul

Legend
SaffroN said:
I have absolutely nothing against the name Tiefling.

Its the name of the 'human' race that i don't like. Seriously, how boring can you get. they should be called something interesting, like humanborn or manlings.

Warhumans.

Kishin

First Post
response about Real world racial stuff removed - PS

If anything, having the bankers and moneylenders of the world be demon-touched plays on a nice 'deal at the Crossroads' vibe I think is pretty slick.

Also, usurers being looked down upon in a quasi medieval society is not necessarily due to their racial background, but also the stigma associated with the profession...

kennew142

First Post
response about Real world racial stuff removed - PS

On the OP, I dislike any name ending in -ling. That includes halfling. Of course I also dislike races with half in their name. I often rename races IMC, so it's no problem for me.

I was assuming, for my purposes, that tiefling is what other races call them. As the descendants of Bael Turath (if I remember the name of the place correctly) they call themselves Turathii.

Ebon Shar

Explorer
Savage Wombat said:
I was assuming, for my purposes, that tiefling is what other races call them. As the descendants of Bael Turath (if I remember the name of the place correctly) they call themselves Turathii.

I love that. Turathii sounds much better than Tiefling. I'll use that as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads