Time for the Character Builder to be free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
In this case, the fluff IS worth the cover price of the book. The inspiration is GOLD.

My players want to try out some FR, so I plan on dropping the dragonborn legion into Tymanther (reduced to the 1-5 range) and staging an invasion of Cormyr as part of a crusade to wipe out dragons across faerun.

In Eberron, I've dropped the Mimic tower in sharn, secretly feeding on the populace for ages.

I'm sure it's awesome. I just don't have time to read it right now. As I said, I'll probably end up with the book someday (I've got it on my Amazon wish list), but the content from it that I'd use right now is in DDI. That's a good thing.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
Because it smells of Troll.

You do understand that when you refer to others as trolls is in effect being a troll?

You are not free to call others "Trolls" because it's used in a derogatory way.

Also, using the troll excuse because you don't agree with something is nothing but a cop out.

Gryph

First Post
You do understand that when you refer to others as trolls is in effect being a troll?
I respectfully disagree.

You are not free to call others "Trolls" because it's used in a derogatory way.

Perhaps the mods will agree with you, I, again, respectfully disagree.

Also, using the troll excuse because you don't agree with something is nothing but a cop out.

I use the stench of Troll in reference to the aggressive tone and argumentative stances taken by yourself and Dannager in this thread. It has nothing to do with agreeing with either one of your opinions.

In short, you sir, are a duck.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
Nah, because there are people like you that propagate the entire edition wars debate. These threads are always doomed to fail. *clap*

Then in all honesty, why do you even show up and post?

I don't have to propagate anything. Oh yeah that's right, since old Dan is on your side you seem to conveniently forget that he is the one that started it.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I actually don't mind this idea.

Make a stripped down, simplified Character Builder that's free and beef up the Compendium be the single answer to all things, but you pay for it.

As things stand, I find myself constantly switching between the Character Builder and Compendium just to grok certain character abilities or options. I'd much rather be able to JUST use the Compendium to answer all those questions and then make up the character.

Plus, it would reduce the expense of the Character Builder. Currently it must be pretty expensive to keep that thing updated. And I'd rather have everything incorporated into the Compendium THIS month, rather than two months after it appears in Dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads