• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Time Magazine names Erfworld to Top Ten

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Rabelais said:
Exactly

"Hey Bubba, What do you want to write for this article?"

Bubba stares at his favorites list, wipes the cheeto dust from his fingers and ponders for a moment.

"Ummm.... how about webcomics?"

"Excellent! I want a top 10 by Tuesday!"
it's not webcomics, it's graphic novels. I think they wanted to include a webcomic, and erfworld is a webcomic that has had one linear plot since it was introduced.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
it's not webcomics, it's graphic novels. I think they wanted to include a webcomic

In that case, I think they should have done OotS then because it IS a webcomic, but they could have pointed out the 4 books it has already out in print...

werk

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
I'm reading it more than I am OotS.

I would if it were posted with any sort of regularity.

I swear we got maybe one strip per month for the last 6 months and no information about it other than the heading that it should be updated twice a week.

It really turned me off of the strip. I'm in the service delivery business...if you state a delivery schedule you should stick to it, or change it for accuracy at least. I didn't even realize it existed somewhere other than on GitP, so news of a graphic novel is literally news to me...

brehobit

Explorer
Woot!

(See icon)

I really like Erfworld. I'm also not sure I'd have ranked it as high as a *webcomic*, but in its format it is the best IMO. (Girl Genius is the strongest competitor, again IMO).

Well done!

Mark

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
wow, can't say of the webcomics I follow it would have been my pick, but it's not undeserved.

[snark] wonder if the notability police on Wiki will let it have a page now? [/snark]

Have you met Rob? I've known him to (literally) rant for over an hour about the "notability police on Wiki".

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Wow. I would not have picked a single one of those as a 'Top 10 Graphic Novel' and I liked some of the ones on that list. It seems almost random.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Erfworld????

If it updates I'll look at it, but only because its on GitP. In terms of humour, depth of storytelling, vision I'd put it way below OOTS or Girl Genius, the two that I'll regularly seek out.

Erfworld is OK ... though I only read it because it's on GiTP when I go for OotS (which is far better).

If I were to nominate a gaming-based graphic novel/webcomic other than OotS, I'd go with "Looking for Group", which IMO is far, far better than Erfworld -- and more reliable in its updates to boot.

Simplicity

Explorer
I'm actually kind of surprised too. Given the lack of updates and the way the storyline was going, I was almost kind of assuming they were wrapping it up.

I guess I like ErfWorld. Not nearly as much as Order of the Stick though.

Remove ads