D&D 5E Time to remake the Bard

Zardnaar

Legend
Hunter's mark doesn't work. It specifies weapon attack. It needs to be hex if using a spell attack.

I would like to see which spells you take at which levels. I can wait on the cat, lol. It's not like we need to rush to discuss the over-all merits.

Please clarify which ruling on initiate you to which you are referring.

If hex gets added to spells known with Magic Initiate.

If it is I'll pick it lvl 1 if not pick a different warlock spell. PHB is beside me but I'm soaked out it's getting dark and the cat she is very comfortable and very warm.

My wife's at yoga and our houserule is if cats on you the other person gets to fetch.

Ashrym

Legend
If hex gets added to spells known with Magic Initiate.

If it is I'll pick it lvl 1 if not pick a different warlock spell. PHB is beside me but I'm soaked out it's getting dark and the cat she is very comfortable and very warm.

My wife's at yoga and our houserule is if cats on you the other person gets to fetch.
There's a ruling on magic initiate in the sage advice compendium. The 1st level spell picked up with initiate only counts towards your spells known if the initiate feat is from one of your classes. So a bard who uses initiate for bard spells or a sorcerer who learns initiate for sorcerer spells adds it to the spells known.

The 1 use per day is free regardless.

EDIT:

Sage Advice said:
If you have spell slots, can you use them to cast the 1stlevel spell you learn with the Magic Initiate feat? Yes, but only if the class you pick for the feat is one of your classes. For example, if you pick sorcerer and you are a sorcerer, the Spellcasting feature for that class tells you that you can use your spell slots to cast the sorcerer spells you know, so you can use your spell slots to cast the 1st-level sorcerer spell you learn from Magic Initiate. Similarly, if you are a wizard and pick that class for the feat, you learn a 1st-level wizard spell, which you could add to your spellbook and subsequently prepare. In short, you must follow your character’s normal spellcasting rules, which determine whether you can expend spell slots on the 1st-level spell you learn from Magic Initiate.

Zardnaar

Legend
There's a ruling on magic initiate in the sage advice compendium. The 1st level spell picked up with initiate only counts towards your spells known if the initiate feat is from one of your classes. So a bard who uses initiate for bard spells or a sorcerer who learns initiate for sorcerer spells adds it to the spells known.

The 1 use per day is free regardless.

EDIT:

It had been a while since I had read that. Fuzzy memory. Probably unseen servant or comprehend languages.

Cats smiling at me with her eyes. Came home from work, she who must be obeyed wants a cat.

Went to SPCA cast find homeless mongrel and got a wild surge and came home with two.

Remove ads