To Con the Con-man

Zerith

First Post
As Alden again spoke at length Alexander checked to see if he still had his rapier, and to a leser extent his dagger, and if any of his positions he had on his person were no longer were they should be, he then eased onto his feat and stood to his full height and allowed himself a brief stretch. He stood just taller than Tiagio. His hair formed into feather like locks with a pattern, which abruptly changes from black to gold then to black again, that mimics the natural V pattern found in feathers on any given lock of hair.

Alexander’s hair cut had four locks forming bangs, the two towards the middle were much shorter than the outer two and drop down to the point that they moderately fall below his eyebrows; the longer two fall down beside his face and framed it while dropping down to be level with his mouth. All four of his bangs shoot up before bending down into their specified resting places; if pulled strait down, they would obscure his eyes and cover his face’s length respectively.
The rest of his hair forms into what could be described as a feathery mane that surrounds his face, and hides his ears. Those seeking his wrath could also say his hair style looks like an odd sun flower.

His eyes were possibly more striking than his hair; they were fairly large and abruptly change from a near black gray at the outer irises to a blinding golden hue before hitting the void of his pupils.

Honestly he was a great bit annoyed by Alden’s story, because either story was about to get trapped and sundered by Tiagio, blemishing his own reputation with his rescuers or all of the Gnolls fled the fight and they were utterly unreliable. And the last things he needed were a reputation as a liar or having to worry about being asked what his orders were by a disorganized pack of gnolls infront of commoners while he was trying to find a blasted half elf.

When Alden finished Alexander interjected “And if Mr. Jahl here is finished attempting to find were he can drown himself in ale, I’ll introduce myself as well.” Alexander began dryly apparently not too shaken from the experience. “I’m Lord Alexander Julian Ravensworth, the fourth, and it would seem I owe you a great dept; you have my thanks” Alexander continued, ending with a slight, polite nod towards Tio before continuing. “And Tiagio , while I do not wish to sound rude, my own vanity disallows me from prancing about in clothing that has been effectively ruined, is there anywhere I could have my clothing mended or find a proper replacement for them? Also, do you know where my horse got to? It was a black mare” he then asked while subtly shifting his head to the right in inquiry as he took the momentary pose to dust off his coat and mantle.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"The good news is, you've made it to Rem," Tio stated to Alden. "I heard the screeching of what I assume to have been those demon-cats, and it was all I could do to keep myself from falling asleep in the middle of town. With all the negotiations taking place, there is little a soldier can do here during the day."

Tio gives a sidelong glance at Alexander. "As for Your Lordship, I am certain there is someone that can accommodate your needs."

Wonderful, Tio thought, another noble who thinks himself too important to look like he works for a living. I thought I left all that behind.

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
Alexander Smirked at Tio’s response. “Lordship? You make it sound as I’m already a land owner.” He commented with a toothy chuckle before continuing “And as for me wanting to have my cloths mended or replaced; who wants to go around in tattered clothing? Also, it’s a want, not a need, like…” Alexander paused for a very brief moment, he wanted to make sure his next sentence would not alienate him, he very briefly considered commenting about being clean as opposed to filthy, but that would have made him sound like a biggest. “..Comfortable boots. There is no need of them, but who in their right mind would choose to suffer uncomfortable boots when they could have a properly cobbled set?” He questioned with a teasing rise of his brow and a smug grin.

“As for my title, I’ll be honest, I do like the sound of it, it holds a sound of power that ‘Count’ simply does not, and so I choose to enjoy being one while I’m able; I’ll leave it up to you weather you wish to use it or not, it truly does not matter to me either way.” He prattled on, it was becoming increasingly obvious that Alexander was much more of a talker then Alden could ever hope to be. “It would be around this time I would like to give you the cliché ‘my weight in gold’ but the purse I’ve brought with me is rather modest and I have not brought any object, or objects, worth nearly eight thousand and five hundred gold coins with me…” He continued before slowing to halt, he saw his horse, which had his change of clothes. His grin perked and he continued “…and it would seem that I still have a change of clothing.” He added happily before containing. “Well, with that petty crises avoided, is there anything here that as cached your eye? So long as it is not larger then my meager purse allows I should do at least that much for you, in the now.” Alexander finished, he considered asking Tio about Tharivol, but he did not wish to ask anything, much, of Tio just yet.

Axel

First Post
"Well Tio, shall we leave his Lordship to change in peace and make for better part of the inn? I'm pleased on two accounts - firstly making Rem alive, and secondly not having been misled about it by my firnends. Let me buy you a drink at least. I find it helps stories to slide out the throat."

Alden begins moving towards any obvious door away from the stable, hoping Tio follows.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Tio smiles at Alexander. "No, no, there is no need for payment. Soldiers are expected to look out for one another." Truth was, Tio didn't easily accept any kind of charity. The joy of being helpful and using his own muscle, rather than coin, to solve issues... that was the true reward.

"Now a drink, and stories... those can be shared. I accept," Tio says, following Alden. "And if his Lordship can endure, I am certain he may join us."

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
Alexander, truth be told, liked the sound of Lord, and was annoyed by the sound of lordship, made him sound like an object with all the character of dirt.
He would have considered commenting that he liked the sound of lord, not lordship, but to do that would have changed the mood and his own was well enough to just shrug it off without sign of complaint; that said he did decide to not remove the blood from Alden’s cloths with another zap.

Alexander said quite simply “I clear my own debts, and if one currency is unsatisfactory there are always others.” Alexander then shrugged his shoulders briefly and stared walking towards his horse at a casual pace, while he walked he spoke an evocation and promptly pointed at one of the blood stains on his overcoat, which was then stuck by a small, almost unoticable, bolt of arcane energy that started to remove the stain as the over coat started to unbutton itself “But for now I will simply have to ‘owe you one’ and I find the two of you latter…” Alexander commented while he started carefully digging into his horse’s left saddle bag to get to his spare cloths, but he then glanced over to Alden and continued “But I don’t know why you’re both fine with walking into a public place with hands and cloths that have been smudged or otherwise stained with blood; it also eats through the fabric if you leave it to long.” Alexander spoke with certain smugness bleeding into his voice that remarkable had nothing to do with his title or social status. He was just pleased with himself, and wondering how Alden would respond to the comment after Alden was trying to make a point of Alexander not wanting to go around with tattered, blood stained, clothing.

If either of them wanted to get the blood off, he would just zap them as well should either ask.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Tio paused. "You know, the man has a point. Wandering into the tavern with blood-smeared clothing would raise many questions, and we'd likely never get that ale."

At the sight of Alexander's magical cleaning, Tio perked up. "Ho! I would not have guessed you were a magician. If you would use your magic to clean MY clothing, I'd consider your debt cleared!"

After all, thought Tio, it's not like I DID anything other than scare the gnolls off. And I wonder if it was even me that did so...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The three men head into the common room of the inn after Alex is presentable.

The room is dimly lit and has the smokey haze of pipe smoke curling across the low roof beams. A table and three chairs sits empty in the corner and Tio takes a seat and watches Padre Gole for a moment as he dozes by the fire.

A young slim serving girl comes over quickly to the table as the room is not very busy. "What may I get you?" she asks pleasantly.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Buyer chooses the drink," Tio says with a smile, gesturing to Alden.

After the drinks are passed around, Tio takes a thoughtful pull from his tankard. "Something's been on my mind about the attack on you two."

Tio takes another pull before continuing. "You said you were hunting ghost-cats, and you certainly had the wounds to show it. But the gnolls... they had spears, but none of them were bloodied. And, they outnumbered me three to one, but fled at my noise-making." Tio pauses, considering his next words.

"I've not seen much in the way of battle, but it just seems odd, given the reputation of gnolls around these parts."

Tio leans back in his chair, unsure of what to say next.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases