To Con the Con-man

Axel

First Post
Alden's head was whirling - there were many conflicting thoughts and ideas racing around... The magistrate at his sentencing with his strident and commanding tone of voice, "...I am prepared to take your offer in mitigation Mr Jahl. By your own admission you have caused our liege to lose the service of 36 men. I sentence you to your own period of service in the armed forces of our liege in addition to substituting your own service in lieu of those lost plus a penalty to deter others. I am informed that the average length of service is one year. Mr Jahl, you are therefore sentenced to a minimum of 60 years service in the armed forces without pay. You have remarkable talents young man. Use this time - the remainder of your natural life - to find a use for them more acceptable to the world."

The trusting look Martomum gave him at their parting just days ago struck Alden at about the same time as he realised that, despite all his moaning and groaning about the food and the mud and the horse :):):):), he really did fit in with army life. He understood people at an inuitive level.

I get most people...'cept for this tall crazy one. No idea what makes him tick.

Seeing Tio - a man who saved his life just yesterday - about to attack Alexander with lethal intent it was all he could do to blurt out "Tio! Stop!!" before adding in a more normal voice, "There be a whole story you 'asn't 'eard! Put it'way mate."

Looking around at the, frankly, scared looking yokels with swords the tone of voice and non-verbal quirks of some of the Regular's sergeants back at the camp came to him. "Listen up, you four! Spread out, keep your distance! Keep these two apart. Quickly now!!"

Spying an empty cart a short distance away, Alden ran towards it and sprang up onto the back of it. "People of Rem, by authority of Lord Bairan this town is now under martial law! The next man to move without permission is a dead man."

[sblock=ooc]
A big block of text for a standard round. If unreasonable, consider everything after telling Tio to stop as Alden's action for the 1st round and 2nd round as necessary.
[/sblock

Zerith

First Post
Alexander cracked a grin; he expected the rouge to be sneaky, but this was something else. And while did not work with the discretion he wanted to maintain, that was already well blown.
“We’re in one war Already.” Alexander started with sinisterly amused tone, while easing away from the citizens while feeling his chin in an odd manner and looking about as if in crazed thought and then commanded “Zeran.” Just as a thick mist sprung up around him. “I’m only preventing the second from occurring needlessly.” Alexander then commented smilingly with a hint of general disappointment and a shrug just before he was obscured in mist. “Move, swiftly.” he then barked lowly to the gnoll.

OoC: Where is the Gnoll in the int?
As for actions: Move and cast Obscuring mist.

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Tio's face fell as he heard Alden's command, then watched him leap out of earshot and onto a cart. There was no way to tell Alden that he was trying to open a peaceful avenue of egress for the high and mighty Alexander.

Well, what's done is done. Time to see how the show plays out.

Remove ads