To Con the Con-man

Zerith

First Post
Alexander was not amused, and he let his ire shin as he paced back and forth while getting both the mob and the ‘dog catcher’ right in front of him and the Gnoll just out of the way “Do Any of you ingrates know who I am?” he roared while gesturing at them “I'm on an errand and I don’t have the Thoram! he shouted in rage, before calming down with a devilish grin as if on a switch while he proceeded to dazzle and blind the mob.
Assuming the mob and the catcher was amply subdued, Alexander would simply take the Gnoll’s leash, softly bark “Fallow in silence.” and guide it away back towards the inn’s stable; he was not going to leave his horse and as long as they were blinded he did not need to make a racket to let them know where he went while thinking 'they always expect you to finish the monolog.'

OoC: Cloaked casting + Color Spray

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Was rolling saves but have decided to let this play out. So DM voluntary failing the NPC saves rule in effect.

Alden sees the bright lights and can quickly guess what is going on. After blinking the spots from his eyes he sees Alex moving quickly towards the stables, gnoll in tow.

Alex's spell catches the leash-holder and mayor off guard. he two men slump down unconscious, with a few of the townsfolk. The gnoll starts to bolt but Alex grabs the leash and hurries towards the stables.

Those few people who weren't effected by the spell quickly run towards the closest building seeking cover. Cries of "Wizard!" and "Watch out his gaze will turn you to stone!" follow the slamming of doors.

And though he got the drop on everyone it isn't long before a few brave men gather arms and start heading towards the building Alex entered.

OCC2: Alex and gnoll are in the stable. Four armed men are about 50 yards from there. Alden and Tio are 30 yards from them.

Axel

First Post
What have you DONE you stupid...arrogant...jackass... Alden's face contracted into a snarl as he strode towards the waiting men, hand on his sheathed sword. Very rarely was he so angry as he was right now.

"Make way! Or deal with the wrath of the army," was all he said as he approached. I don't know if they're going to move...I don't care if I have to stab them all...just going to get out of this gods-forsaken crappy little village before I die here.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Add Intimidate or Bluff and see if Tio wishes to aid another.

The men look confused by Alden and Tio coming towards them and stand waiting to see what they want.

OCC2: Zerith they are grouped together.

Zerith

First Post
Alexander knew that could have gone, better, but it could have gotten far worse; not that it was yet over.
Alexander turned an eye towards the entrance of the stable, saw none yet entering and then drew his dagger “Be still.” He commanded before abruptly pulling the leash taught and then cutting the knot it came from, and any others that that continued to bind the gnoll.

Baring a further occurrence Alexander would then quickly sheath the blade, mount his horse and then tell the gnoll “Lead, quickly. While motioning for it to move forwards; when he left stable he would check if there was a small group of armed citizens marching towards him and grouped together he would cast sleep to delay them until he was well and clear.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Ok that will call for INITs please add one to your upper post. I'll roll for the group. I will assume even though you didn't mention it that you started the casting before opening the door and walking he horse out (because if not it takes a round to cast).

"Hey! He's trying to get away!" one of the men yells turning from Tio and Alden.

Axel

First Post
OOC: Meep...this is going to end badly. Anyone know how many rounds and/or Ride check DC or similar it takes to saddle a horse?

I threw a Bluff roll on the page before (result 3+9=12) so probably ties in well. Alden is not good at impersonating soldiers.

Or apparently knowing when his Bluff fails...

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Tio's eyes open wide as he watches Alex attempt to free the Gnoll.

To follow the man's yell, Tio draws his longsword and yells:

"Lord Alexander! You are charged with consorting with the enemy! Surrender at once, and follow me!"

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As Alex sits his horse and starts casting Tio and Alden break through the line of men to confront the noble. The startled men seem taken aback and willing to let the better armed (more knowledgeable) warriors take charge.

They wait to see if Alexander surrenders and ready the swords in case he doesn't.

OCC: Sleep takes one round to cast and you didn't get back to me on how you wished to start the round. Sorry if it seems like these men were on top of Alex at the get go. Alex went to the stable freed the gnoll and saddled his horse. As he was leaving that was when the group spotted him. So if you wish the spell will go off now or you can play along with the successful Bluff.

INIT order:
Alexander
Tio
Alden
Warriors(4)

ROUND 2

Remove ads