D&D 5E To Sail the Olympian Sea: 5E [IC]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC
Setting and Character Info

The sun is setting as the last hobgoblin falls. Arthros, badly wounded Hobgoblin Leader, is rowing his skiff towards the Dominion dreadnaught. The battle was helped when the apparent slave sailors, inspired by your heroics, fought back against the hobgoblins. One of the slaves, a dwarf, distinguished himself in the battle, he seems to be cut from a different stock.

You must now figure out your own path to destiny.

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
The young Menekhet cleaned the blood off of his sword on the closes fallen hobgoblin. He was most impressed by the warrior-woman Freya and nodded his thanks to her. He looked about his other fellow slaves and wondered aloud "I wonder if any of us can sail a ship? Cause I don't"

Shayuri

First Post
Seelia socked her rapier back in its sheathe and shaded her eyes as she looked up the mast at the flapping edges of the sail.

"How hard could it be?" she wondered aloud. "Someone go turn the wheel, and the rest of us can blow as hard as we can! We'll make shore by supper!"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Gamil looked around, his hands still gripping the boarding axe he had lifted from the armory. He had managed to pick its lock and armed some of the slaves. He wasn't the greatest of warrior, but his father's training had served him well. There seemed to be a core group that had done the bulk of the fighting, and were more industrious than the others... not broken yet. Sellswords of some sort? He owed them a debt he had to admit.

"Well met. I, like most dwarves, am a poor sailor. In fact I've been locked below for quite some time, I'm not even sure where we are!

I am Gamil Illbrew, of the Sordot Clan. I can't sail your boat, but I can provide some healing salves, I think we have a few wounded. I, of course, am a smith, so I can help with that too. ...I suppose I could brew some ale as well, but perhaps now is not the time"

Gamil looks around - what does he see? Are we by a coast, in the open ocean, what is the weather like? Edit: are there any wounded?

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Pyrlig
rogue 1, warlock 3

Pyrlig surveyed the deck, comparing the number of dead sailors to live ones. A dwarf stepped forward, Pyrlig remembered him from the combat - quite handy, and introduced himself. Pyrlig appraised him, a smith and a brewer? Not much use on a ship, but Pyrlig couldn't hold that against him, hunting and foraging weren't much more useful at sea. A healer and a decent fighter, that was for more useful now.

"Best see if there is anything of value in the hold." Pyrlig says to the group he escaped with.

Moving over to the rest of the sailors, Pyrlig asked, "How many are needed to sail this bucket? They have been whipped but that is no guarantee that they won't come again, best we get moving." His address is to the group as a whole, but Pyrlig is watching to see who comes forward or, more importantly, if they look to anyone before coming forward.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15 (12 Studded leather + 3 DEX)
HP: 33/33 (HD 4/4 d8)

Initiative: +3
Rapier:+5 to hit 5 ft 1d8+3S
Dagger:+5 to hit5 ft 1d4+3P
Dagger:+5 to hit20/601d4+3P
Eldritch Blast: +5 to hit 120 ft 1d10+3
Spell attack: +5 to hit Spell DC: 15
Spell Attack Modifier: +5
Spell Save DC: 13

Spells: 2/2 (Level 2)
Healing Potions: 3/3
Rations: 10/10

Char Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
You are surrounded by the expanse of the open ocean. The skies are clear. To the stern of the ship, towards the setting sun comes a steady breeze. The skiff has reached the dreadnaught and it is turning away.

About half of the sailors instinctively look to a hale but white bearded member of the group. "I'm Demetrious.", he says. "I guess as I'm the former mate on a ship that many of us were captured from, I'd best take charge of seeing if we can run the ship. The dozen sailors who remain can run the ship, it'd run better with a dozen more, and even some of you land bound folks could pitch in and help with some things."

GreenKarl

First Post
"Rab Kosmas, out of Patrynos" Rab replies as introduction. Too Demetrious he says "I am fairly handy with ropes and climbing... I will help in whatever way I can there... Cap'"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Xantos Zakynthos held his tongue for a while. Those hobgoblins had been far better warriors than he expected, and the memory of being knocked out, in front of the others, no less, was shameful. But apart from his silence, the mercenary did not show it.

"Ah, you can brew ale!" Xantos at last speaks in response to the dwarf. "That makes you my new best friend," he says with a grin. Looking at the fierce woman warrior, he adds, "About time I got you a drink!"

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Gamil grinned at the warrior:

"You'll have to give me a few weeks sir warrior, brewing takes time, alas. I could make alcohol quickly out of wood, but wood alcohol is poisonous to the eyes... not worth it I think..."

Gamil posed an instant as he wondered if an antidote to wood alcohol's toxicity would be devised... certainly, but then would it still work? A question worthy of study.... Gamil shook his head and continued.

"... but I digress. I hear you were in the thick of the fighting, would you like a healing draught? The taste is a bit peculiar but it's most efficacious! It's the least I can do"

Gamil turned his head to Pyrlig.

"Well met sir Sorcerer. I agree with you that the other ship is our first concern... maybe we should be on our way? Once we are safely away we can look at that hold, I think some of my equipment is in there..."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Weeks?" Xantos replied. "That must be some good stuff you're making, then. In the meantime, I'll see if the hold has some drink to pass the time."

Softer, the warrior adds, "And a healing salve would be appreciated, friend."

Remove ads