D&D 3E/3.5 ToB: Bo9S - Nifft's Compendium

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Thank you kindly, good sir! Activity seems to be cooling down regarding these, so I may do one last draft, and then (after fighting digesting feedback) commit them to PDF.

I'm still not delighted with the archery school... and I've got some ideas for combo-techniques. Anyway. It's something I should do for sure. :)

Thanks, -- N

Mad Monk

First Post
I read your spirit binders and they are really cool too! Man, I wish I knew how to format things so I woul format your post for you :\

Anyway, keep on the good work Nifft, your post give new meaning to the "Nifty" adjective :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yue Ryong said:
Just to tell you, I'm working on a PrC over on the WotC Boards called the Moonflame Adept which is using the Cresent Moon and Dancing Fox disciplines. Hope that's ok?
I would never stop you from giving my work free publicity, even if I were able to stop you. :)

Thanks for the info, -- N

Yue Ryong

First Post
Thanks, sorry to be a pain. >_<; Also, two things to quibble over.

First off, since you can only use free actions during your turn, are you required to ready your actions so that your turn take place at the same time as an enemy's in order to gain the benefit of Void Mirror Soul?

Secondly, are we to presume that True Foxfire's effects have a caster level equal to your initiator level?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yue Ryong said:
Thanks, sorry to be a pain. >_<; Also, two things to quibble over.
Quibble, please! I don't have much of an editorial staff to pick up on my innumerable errors. :)

Yue Ryong said:
First off, since you can only use free actions during your turn, are you required to ready your actions so that your turn take place at the same time as an enemy's in order to gain the benefit of Void Mirror Soul?
That's not my intent. My intent is that each per round you can reflect one spell, and it won't even cost you your Immediate action. I'll take out the bit about "free action".

Yue Ryong said:
Secondly, are we to presume that True Foxfire's effects have a caster level equal to your initiator level?
Yes, exactly. I'll add a note in the section about the special rules for the different schools.

Thanks! -- N

Flamewarrior

First Post
Long time no see! Also, do I need to say things, as usual, are great?

Nifft said:
Sphere of Saturn -- Heaven's Arc, Stance
Level: 5
Prereqs: 2

You read the battlefield in an instant, executing your plans in the time others would require to merely conceive them.

While in this stance, you may ready two action each round (instead of one), so long as both actions are either ranged attacks or are maneuvers from this school with an initiation time of one standard action (or less).
OK, normally, people forsake a standard action to have another one ready. How does THIS work - is it supposed to forsake a whole round, or do you actually double your standard actions (which I favor should be obvious now ...)?

P.S.: also, working with angellis_ater now? Good luck on that!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Flamewarrior said:
OK, normally, people forsake a standard action to have another one ready. How does THIS work - is it supposed to forsake a whole round, or do you actually double your standard actions (which I favor should be obvious now ...)?
You lose one standard action in order to ready two standard actions, each with a different trigger condition. I'll clear that up.

Thanks, good to see you again! :)

Cheers, -- N

eamon

Explorer
Wow, this is neat (and I second the need for a PDF - this thing is huge!) I'm wondering at the thread title though - I thought this was just some compendium of existing stuff, but it's not...

Remove ads