• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tomb of Horrors!

Azurewraith

Explorer
Namfoodle rises from his perch on the end of the wagon his duplicate following him."are we done now children? Its a tomb it is likely buried. Tombs are just fancy graves after all and children do love playing in the mud so get digging!."

Namfoodle walks around the perimeter of the hill looking for signs of digging.

OOC: Investigation [roll0]

[Sblock=stats]
HP 80
Hd 15d6
Str 19
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 20
Wis 10
Cha 8
Slots
Lvl. Slot
1. 4
2. 3
3. 3
4. 3
5. 2
6. 1
7. 1
8. 1
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Of course, it's burried!" grouched Kattegar, "But someone was already here, so they should have left the way they got in, shouldn't they? Or does this places' Gods-be-dashed magic make some sort of reset? Did I mention I hate this place?"

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
EVE sat on the ground meditating, as always. The young looking half-elf had been through a lot in her life. She opened one eye at the growing volume of her companions bickering. She looked around and noticed Dargun walking alone back up the way they came."A fool's errand..." she whispered softly. She closed her eyes again, choosing to return to meditation than join in the flaired tempers of her companions. They would notice her when the time was right.
OOC: Eve is like 4 feet tall and looks like a child. Soft spoken and slow to anger, anyone who has seen her fully lay into an enemy would likely prefer her to stay calm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
When the party gets to the northside, they find a cliff face, which drops down a good 10 or 12 feet from the top of the hill. This short cliff stretches the length of the hill, so it's about 100 feet long. The face of the cliff is covered in a loose rocks and pebbles, which are easily shifted.

On the west side, there is a hole in the cliff face, as if someone had dug their way through the rubble...

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Ah-ha!" yells Kattegar, shaking his fist at Namfoodle. "There ya have it! Someone dug in down there!"

He takes off his heavy dwarven boots, revealing two-toed black slippers (like a ninja's tabi).
Throwing his boots in a drawsack who's size and shape changes not at all, Kattegar walks off the edge and heads down the cliff-face, as if it were normal ground.

tglassy

Adventurer
The dwarf makes his way to the bottom of the cliff side, and peers into the hole (I assume, but we do need to speed this along.)

It is dark inside, and while the dwarf has darkvision, he is currently in the bright sun. If he stepped inside, he would be able to see just fine.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Thateous

Explorer
EVE's pointy little ears perk up at Kat's declaration of victory. She stands and in a very fluid movement moves to join the dwarf, walking down the cliff, as if she was strung up like a marionette, with a soft push off to land softly behind the dwarf. "Well done, I knew it was only a matter of time." she says softly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kattegar nods to EVE, "Down here, everybody, Kat's found a way in!" he says, in a perfect copy of her soft voice, knowing well that no one but her would likely hear it.

He picks up a loose stone and throws it in through the hole, hoping to hear the snap of some sort of motion-trap.

OOC: I think Kattegar likes EVE, because she's a bit weird. If it's all right with you, Thateous, I think he treats her like a daughter.

Remove ads